JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: I have lots of vintages accessories to trade that I can bring to the show  (Read 4033 times)

master_stanley

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile

I have lots of accessories I can bring with me to the show like clear visors, guns, back packs all good stuff and all early stuff.  I also have a cobra rattler with all landing gear and a cobra night raven missing only one missle.  Plus I have some figures too but only like 20 or so the figures are 5 complete v1 LT falcons, stars and stripes stalker, stars and strips grunt, stars and strips sgt zap, sgt slaughter from 1986 and varios other figures and body parts.  Also I have some full cards and file cards blue prints vintage g i joe comics books, 1970's micronauts and a 1967 spiderman board game I wanna get ride of .  Is any one interested in this stuff.  I gonna bring it I'm looking to trade but will sell if need be.

need the following sriaght arm zap, 1985 snake eyes sword, swivel arm 1983 snake eyes, all 1983 swivel arm figures except cobra commander and flash.  and many other figures from diff years.  Let me know what you guys need this will be my first ever g i joe meet or convention and I look forward to it.  I hope there is a trade table or something like that? I also look for vintage starwars figures so if you have extras and wanna trade for joe stuff I'm game

« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 12:39:07 PM by master_stanley »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com

Quote from: "master_stanley"
I gonna bring it I'm looking to trade but will sell if need be.

Anyone caught SELLING Items at the Joe Meet will be asked to leave immediately.
Only those vendors that have purchased tables for the day are permitted to SELL items.
Anything else must be done via trade. If you want to sell your items - please take them to a dealer - they may be interested in purchasing items from you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

master_stanley

• View Profile

Well I stated that I was interested in tradeing but if there is no tradeing area then there is no need to bring my stuff.  Plus I don't feel I have enough stuff to rent a table but would have been more then happy to have still paid the price of the table if I had sold anything.  So this is not a case of trying to rip you off for table rent.  I was hopeing this is not like a toy show where you can't bring stuff in to trade.  So if you can let me know if there is a trade area then I will come otherwise I feel I will be paying for the right to buy from dealers and not interact with other collectors who have stuff to trade.  The reason I don't take stuff to dealers is beacuse they need to make a profit so if they sell it for $10.00 they will usally give only $2.00 and if you want to trade with them it's the same thing $10.00 complete item and they give you a broken $2.00 figure.     

savageplay

• View Profile
    • http://savageplay.spaces.live.com/Photos/

I think from what i have with an understanding is that trade is fine, but if you want to sell stuff, the people there just want you to 'help out' and rent a table (the table charges are probably to help cover the costs of the hall, prizes ect). I am sure someone else is going to be able to fill in alot more blanks, as this is my first show i am going to.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile

Well I stated that I was interested in tradeing but if there is no tradeing area then there is no need to bring my stuff.  Plus I don't feel I have enough stuff to rent a table but would have been more then happy to have still paid the price of the table if I had sold anything.

One tabel just became available as someone can't make it.

The table price is $15.00 - if you think you can make that back in your items, I'd suggest getting that table - PM me for more info.

So this is not a case of trying to rip you off for table rent. 

Nor is it me accusing you of that. The Dealers have purchased tables for the right to SELL at the meet - that's all. I've seen people at shows sell things out of their car, it becomes obvious when the same person is leaving the show over and over again with different people.
That's what I'm talking about. Don't get me wrong - if you sell a figure to someone else for $2.00 - I'm not really going to care. But if you sell a Rattler to someone for say $25 or $50.00 - and some dealers have it as well - THEN I'm going to care.

I was hopeing this is not like a toy show where you can't bring stuff in to trade.  So if you can let me know if there is a trade area then I will come otherwise I feel I will be paying for the
right to buy from dealers and not interact with other collectors who have stuff to trade. 

There is usually spare tables for people to sit, talk, and trade. But if you want to sell, I'd go for that last table. You can STILL trade and participate in the days events as we have some people that can watch your stuff for 10 minutes or so while you 'have a look' around. :-)

The reason I don't take stuff to dealers is beacuse they need to make a profit so if they sell it for $10.00 they will usally give only $2.00 and if you want to trade with them it's the same thing $10.00 complete item and they give you a broken $2.00 figure.   

Then I think you shoudl stop buying, dealing and trading with those people. The only time I've given $2.00 for a complete figure is if it was one I was selling for $5.00. I know a portion of the dealers that will be set up - they're pretty fair guys when it comes to buying - and VERY fair guys when it comes to trading. You'll be happy with the trades. :-)

Hope that helps somewhat!
Mike

master_stanley

• View Profile

Yes Mike I will take your last table

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile

MS,

The board has a Private Messaging function that you can use to get a hold of Mike for this sort of thing. Click on My Messages in the top menu bar, then Under the Messages menu on the left side of the window, click new Message. This will get the message directly to The Mike (tm).

By just posting it here, you might risk him not seeing it.

- Your friendly neighborhood moderaptor.
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile

I saw it, I sent him a PM.

We had someone drop out out - I think he had to work now so he cancelled his table. (He only got one). If he didn't cancel, we'd be full.
Mike