JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Does anyone use the 'view new posts link'?  (Read 5647 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Does anyone use the 'view new posts link'?
« on: February 19, 2004, 06:34:47 PM »

I'll have to post it here as well:

Actually.... I won't. Go to this thread instead:
http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com/joe/boa ... .php?t=153

Also, if you're curious on hearing our 'ads from the past', use this link:
http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com/miva/me ... y_Code=ADS

Mike
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 07:29:48 AM by Guest »

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 06:55:44 PM »

Incidentally, the voice of the first commerdial is Darrin "Big D" Laidman, who at the time was on Energy Radio, but who is now one half of Y108's Jay and Big in the Morning.  Boss Cross was indeed the voice of the second spot, but he has since gone back to CFNY AKA The Edge.  Speaking of which, the voice of the last spot (The infamous Goat spot) is Alan's old co-worker from CFNY and Energy Radio anchor Scott Turner.

For a guy who hasn't done a lot of advertising, you certainly scored some of the best on-air talent in Southern Ontario to be your spokespeople.  Well done.  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Wherever you go, there you are.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 07:04:53 PM »

Good to hear Big D is still on the radio airwaves.  I remember him doing the morning show on Hits 103.5 during the late 1990s.  I also remember Scott Turner from the old Energy days when I use to listen back in the mid 1990s.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 08:01:56 PM »

the Greek knows his radio!  I first worked with Big D at Hits when it was still Hot 103 Dot 5.  Turner of course was instrumental in making Energy 108 the success it was. When he defected from  CFNY and brought Pamela Blair, Don Berns and Chris Shepard with him it was amazing.  Ten years later a corporate company (the one I currently work for) bought them and &%$@!ED it all up.  Still, it was an exciting time if you worked in the biz, and and if you were a listener too.
Wherever you go, there you are.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 06:53:21 AM »

Quote from: ""Radio Guy""
For a guy who hasn't done a lot of advertising, you certainly scored some of the best on-air talent in Southern Ontario to be your spokespeople.  Well done.  :)

I can't take the credit..... maybe you shoul dtalk to the guy who wrote these for me..... I think he may of had some 'pull' with the company....  :shifty:
Mike

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 07:51:15 AM »

So that is where the goat line comes from.  You might not sell goats but I bet you do have some sheep that come in there. :D   I am guessing the background music is going to stay the same.  It's not bad.

As for radio stations in the GTA, we briefly talked about this at the meet.  I loved Energy 108 - The Dance Music Station.  I still remember it from 1994/1995. Then Hot 103.5 in 1995 came along and Power 88.5 came soon after that.  Soon dance got phased out or dumped from most of the stations as it doesn't make money.  Today, I can hardly listen to the radio anymore as I hate pop and hip hop music.  Since, I am in the minority when it comes to dance music (I mean minority), I have to listen to z103.5 to get my fix.  If it wasn't for Tony Monaco, I wouldn't be listening today. He is trying to keep the dance beat alive, even though the station cancelled his freestyle show out of the blue. Chris Sheppard is a name that many people have forgetten in this market.  Pirate Radio was just crazy. Sure he has his show on z103.5 on a time when nobody listens but I rather have them drop the show and for another station to pick it up.

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 08:03:40 AM »

This is where I disagree with you Pete. I think Dance music was a virus that I'm glad has finally been killed.

I HATE Hip Hop

I don't care for pop.

I listen to alternative/hard rock, and always have. It's funny how the fads of music come and go, but rock/hard rock is always there, and the mainstream always comes back to it when the new "fad" fades.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2004, 10:09:49 AM »

I prefer listening to Edge (102.1).
Mind you..... I find I'm listening to JackFM alot lately.

The stations that I have preset in the car as as follows:

FM:
Mix - 99.9
Chum 104.5
Y108 - 107.9
Edge - 102.1
Jack - 92.5
????? - 106.1...... no clue why or what it's called... it was preset when I bought the van.

AM:
MOJO
CHAM
CFRB
CHUM
CKOC

I didn't mind Energy in the mid-90's.
I didn't mind KissFM when it was around.

I'm with Ed..... a bit. I liked the dance, pop, hip hop, crap from time to time..... but I prefer Rock and Alternative.... but what IS alternative now?..... What's mainstream now?

I get some strange looks for the choice of music I play in the store at times.... then again, I get some folks 'actually' singing them.... odd.
Mike

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2004, 10:21:47 AM »

It may have reached it's peck with disco in the 1970s and eurodance in the mid 1990s, but dance music will never die.  Most of it is considered "underground" but even I don't listen to it.  Just vocal trance/euro trance, house and eurodfdance for me.  It's the only music that motivates me in the gym. Hip Hop, I get mad. Rock doesn't do anything and pop puts me to sleep in the gym.   And actually dance music keeps me a wake behind the wheel late at night.  

As for rock, I can only listen to the stuff played on Q107.  I don't like todays version of "rock".  Kid bands  :roll: It all sounds the same to me.

At least we agree on one thing, the hip hop. I blame it for killing dance in the first place.

Metro

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2004, 03:09:59 PM »

Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""
At least we agree on one thing, the hip hop. I blame it for killing dance in the first place.

So very true.  Absolutely can't stand the hip hop.  I do lean towards modern rock but still enjoy all that mid-90's dance stuff.  

I also can't say I'm too fond of all that rap-rock fusion junk either.

Fenway

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2004, 02:55:08 PM »

i have all the major stations programmed in here in Vancouver. However being a big sports guy, i like 1040 alot.

Musically, if you listen to much of anything on the radio that is a major station, your listening to POP. Hip hop pop, country pop, alternative pop, etc.....

really good music comes underground before big labels, fame, and editing your music 1000 times to make it perfect ruin your ORIGIONAL sound.
\'m the kinda guy who likes to eat cereal in the morning while watching tv in my undershorts.

- Roger Clemens