JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: HASBRO Q&A - WINTER 2009!  (Read 7674 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
HASBRO Q&A - WINTER 2009!
« on: February 25, 2009, 12:44:30 PM »

It's that time again! Time for the fans to ask Hasbro YOUR questions!

We are pressed for time this round, however. We have just received notice of this opportunity today, but we need to submit the questions to Hasbro no later than this coming Tuesday am. As such, we will be skipping the "voting" round. Instead, please consider your questions carefully, and read what others have posted. If you like their question, please quote it and put a "+1" beside it to let us know you would also like to know that answer.

We as an administration will choose the 3 questions for this round based on this thread.

I have the full schedule for the Q&As for this year, so the rest of them this year will run as normal - a thread where you ask the questions, then a voting thread with the highest voted questions being submitted.

With that said, Ask away!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Killjoy

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: HASBRO Q&A - WINTER 2009!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »

What is Hasbro Canada doing to bring more US exclusive (i.e. Target exclusives such as the Ultimate Battle Pack, PP Conquest and TF Rattler) to Canadian retail shelves? It is becoming very disheartening to not see these to the point that I'm feeling aliened as a consumer.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 01:04:12 PM »

#1 One of the reasons I stopped collecting Star Wars figures was the amount of US exclusives that were simply not available to Canadians.  It becomes very frustrating as a collecting to simply not have access to the items you collect.
It Hasbro planning on making the US only items available to Canadians?

#2 Will HasbroToyShop.com be available to Canadians?
(I ask this knowing the answer, but maybe they will eventually get tired of answering it, and come out and give a Yes/No)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 01:18:23 PM »

Will Canada be receiving the full movie line as the US or will parts of it be skipped over like some many of the previous Joe lines?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Snake8Storm

• phpBB Canadian Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 01:29:10 PM »

I'd like to add a +1 to killjoy's querstion.

"What is Hasbro Canada doing to bring more US exclusive (i.e. Target exclusives such as the Ultimate Battle Pack, PP Conquest and TF Rattler) to Canadian retail shelves? It is becoming very disheartening to not see these to the point that I'm feeling aliened as a consumer."

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 01:29:40 PM »

Quote from: "Killjoy"
What is Hasbro Canada doing to bring more US exclusive (i.e. Target exclusives such as the Ultimate Battle Pack, PP Conquest and TF Rattler) to Canadian retail shelves? It is becoming very disheartening to not see these to the point that I'm feeling aliened as a consumer.

+1
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 02:11:31 PM »

Yes, please!

Also:

- Will the rest of the 25th anniversary DVD Packs and Vehicles see a wide release in Canada like the first wave?

yojoeyo

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 02:40:03 PM »

+1.

ALSO WHY ARE THE MAIL IN EXCLUSIVES ONLY AVAILABLE TO U.S. RESIDENTS. CANADIANS WANT THAT DOC FIGURE TOO!

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 03:07:28 PM »

Well since we have only a few questions.  I want to clear up some things and put forward some of my own.

* - PLEASE STOP with the HTS questions.  It is a waste of a question (sorry akpayne), and we have asked enough now that most of us should know by now that the answer is still "we are hoping soon."

* - Yojoeyo.  Hasbro has already stated that they will include Canadians in all future mail away promotions.  The Doc mail away was the only exception.  Look at SW and Indiana Jones.  Both of their mail aways were available to Canadians.

* - The US exclusvies still tend to be based on retailers wanting them (Zellers, TRU).  It seems that the 25th line just isn't strong enough to warrant large interest up here (from retailers).  I can hope, but I think we already have been told it is up to the retailers and how well the line does.  If we are lucky then the movie will increase interest/sales and make it more likely to get exclusives.

I'll give a +1 to Canucklehead's question.

As for my questions:

1) Are there plans for another mail away figure?  If so will it be tied into the movie or 25th?

2) Planning is generally 12-18 months out for a line.  If that is the case, what are the plans for the 25th  line/Resolute after the movie push?  Are there currently plans to continue the 25th line as strong as before, or is there a wait and see what the movie does mentality?

3) Can you give us any information on the wave 5 vehicles?  Since they are now apparently being resolicited are they going to be "online" only, or has a retailer tenatively signed on?

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 03:23:44 PM »

Quote from: "yojoeyo"

ALSO WHY ARE THE MAIL IN EXCLUSIVES ONLY AVAILABLE TO U.S. RESIDENTS. CANADIANS WANT THAT DOC FIGURE TOO!

That one has already been answered. ALL future mail ins will be north america wide, including the recent Indiana Jones ones.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 03:45:49 PM »

When is the Resolute cartoon going to be released?
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 08:17:55 PM »

Quote from: "canprime"
* - PLEASE STOP with the HTS questions.  It is a waste of a question (sorry akpayne), and we have asked enough now that most of us should know by now that the answer is still "we are hoping soon."

The way I asked them last time was really a direct way to say "You've been jerking us around for 10 years, on ALL toy line sites - we want an answer"

Since the reply was that they would get an answer for us, I'm going to suggest we ask one more time - ACROSS ALL BOARDS.

IN otherwords, if Snowtroopers.ca, Rebelscum, JoeCustoms, YoJoe, HissTank, Cybertron.ca, and all other toyline sites - G.I. Joe or not, end up asking the same question, this way - Hasbro should smarten up and say "Holy crap, we're losing money here".

Having said that, my one and only question (and it's a long one) for Hasbro is:

Nearly a year ago, we (Canada) were told that HTS would start shipping to Canada. Transformers, Star Wars, GI Joe collectors and other fans of Marvel lines and various Hasbro offerings have ALL been waiting for HTS to finally start this. Since we've been hearing for years that they are "looking into it", can we PLEASE get a solid answer, once and for all on when we can expect this to happen? In the last JoeCanuck.com Q & A, Hasbro stated "We will follow up with HTS on this.  Thanks for the patience and as always, the enthusiasm:Nearly a year ago, we (Canada) was told that HTS would start shipping to Canada. Transformers, Star Wars, GI Joe collectors and others have all been waiting for HTS to finally start this. Are there any updates as to when we can expect this to happen? On a recent Q&A with JoeCanuck.com, Hasbro replied with "We will follow up with HTS on this.  Thanks for the patience and as always, the enthusiasm". It's not our enthusiasm you should want, you should want our cash DIRECTLY instead of us having to resort to ebay or other secondary and higher priced markets. Hasbro is only losing money by not offering the product on HTS to Canadians. Please, just give us a final solid date on when Canadians can start purchasing from HTS. Thank you.