JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Poll

Vote for your top THREE questions!

If the upcoming Duke in training gear figure does well, can we expect to see other Joes in jogging pants?
- 0 (0%)
Recently Fun Publications and the G.I. Joe Master Collector group announced the date for the American G.I. Joe convention will be April 29th - May 2nd. Traditionally the Canadian G.I. Joe convention is in that same time-frame. When I asked on Master Colle
- 6 (9.4%)
Are the new Cycle Armor, and what would best described to be Mecha pieces an attempt to build the brand to appeal to the fans of Japanese Anime, and/or is Hasbro/Takara looking to build the GIJoe brand in the Asian market?
- 1 (1.6%)
Will the upcoming Cycle Armor only work with the figure it ships with or can others use it? Do these items show any possibility of a Joe/TF crossover toy line, more usage of the M.A.S.K. franchise, or a yet unknown crossover in the near future?
- 3 (4.7%)
Is there any way to let collectors know what upcoming waves have been ordered with trilingual packaging sooner so we don't have to run across the border, ask American friends for favours, or order these toys from online stores as soon as a wave of fi
- 9 (14.1%)
Considering the success and the buzz of the "Cobra Island" 7-packs (along with the fact that a few of the figures from those packs have already been repainted in the ROC line) what are the chances of a once-or-twice a year seven pack (could stil
- 8 (12.5%)
What are the suction cups with handlebars that are packed in with Storm Shadow and City Strike Duke?
- 1 (1.6%)
What factors come into play when deciding the parts to use for "frankenjoes"? I'm mainly asking this because of the Rise Of Cobra Nitro-Viper and his chestplate-under-the-removable-chestplate thing he's got going on.
- 1 (1.6%)
With wave 4 of Rise Of Cobra on its way, I must ask... why has Hasbro consistently added flamethrowers to the Joe ranks since 1984 in spite of the fact that flamethrowers were banned from use by the US military in 1978?
- 1 (1.6%)
Why have we constant restock of the same first 12 figures in stores while the US market is about to get wave 4? Were the extra wave 1 figures "dumped" in Canada to make some shelf space for the US?
- 4 (6.3%)
Have the recent sales from TRU and Walmart been good or bad for the future of GI Joe products in Canada?
- 3 (4.7%)
Seeing that the new continuity set up by the movie has revamped GIJoe into a true international force rather than "Real American Heroes": Can we expect to see a Canadian presence in the main line? Including but not limited to the introduction (o
- 4 (6.3%)
Can we expect to see a revival or introduction of elements from Action Force? Including but not limited to reintroducing characters from the European line, possibly within the style of the recent 7-packs.
- 2 (3.1%)
You've had a second chance at making a Leatherneck figure and this time he was part of the main line, yet he still has Gung-Ho's head.  You previously said that this was because he was part of a store exclusive offering, where new tooling is rar
- 1 (1.6%)
When can we expect a yes or no answer on the future of any classic styled figures and packaging?  Toyfair and JoeCon '09 have come and gone and there's been no mention of this line.  Does this mean that there are no plans to bring back the line
- 4 (6.3%)
When we ask about store exclusives coming to Canada your response is always "we make them available to Canadian retailers, but they don't order them".  Is there any chance of making these available to Canadians though smaller stores (think
- 3 (4.7%)
Does Hasbro have any plans to make more play sets (please?).....large or small...all are welcome.
- 3 (4.7%)
Why do weapon handles vary so much in size? With the soft rubbery hands, if you leave a weapon with a larger handle in a hand too long, it takes the shape and the figure can no longer hold a weapon with a smaller handle it was packaged with.
- 1 (1.6%)
G.I. Joe Mighty Muggs, will we see more?  There seems to have been some indication that we would see wave 3, perhaps as a Toys'R'U exclusive.  Any updates?
- 0 (0%)
It seems that TRU Canada was the only store to end up with Combat Heroes Wave 3.  How does this happen, and why in such limited quantities?
- 1 (1.6%)
Why has Hasbro mainly focused on offering exclusive items online, instead of bringing back one of Hasbro's earlier mail order ideas: The catalog insert with each product package like they did 20 years ago so that kids and collectors can redeem points for
- 6 (9.4%)
A lot of GIJoe exclusives can't be sold in the Province of Quebec on account of a lack of french on the packaging. Of note is the recently-leaked-from-China (images of) Wal-Mart battle stations that show Hasbro Canada markings on the package but no French
- 2 (3.1%)
1/18th scale clarinets, what are the chances?
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closes: May 12, 2049, 08:02:19 PM

Author Topic: Vote now for the questions to submit to Hasbro - FALL 2009!  (Read 3090 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Vote now for the questions to submit to Hasbro - FALL 2009!
« on: September 03, 2009, 07:46:16 PM »

This is your chance! Vote now for the questions to submit to Hasbro!

Remember that these are sent to Hasbro USA - so Canadian only questions will likely get a "we have to talk to Hasbro Canada" answer.

If that is the response we get, we will try to have Hasbro Canada clarify directly with us.
Question 2 (Full) is:
Recently Fun Publications and the G.I. Joe Master Collector group announced the date for the American G.I. Joe convention will be April 29th - May 2nd. Traditionally the Canadian G.I. Joe convention is early May. When I asked on Master Collector board why they moved their date I was told the answer was due to Hasbro. Why did Hasbro want the American convention at the same time as the Canadian convention?

Question5 (Full) is:
Is there any way to let collectors know what upcoming waves have been ordered with trilingual packaging sooner so we don't have to run across the border, ask American friends for favours, or order these toys from online stores as soon as a wave of figures is released in the US?

Question 6 (Full) is:
Considering the success and the buzz of the "Cobra Island" 7-packs (along with the fact that a few of the figures from those packs have already been repainted in the ROC line) what are the chances of a once-or-twice a year seven pack (could still be labeled as ROC product) with more classic characters in their classic colors?  In case you haven't noticed, some Joe collectors get kind of annoyed when you change a classic character's colors (see Leatherneck).

Question 12 (Full) is:
Seeing that the new continuity set up by the movie has revamped GIJoe into a true international force rather than "Real American Heroes": Can we expect to see a Canadian presence in the main line? Including but not limited to the introduction (or reintroduction) of Canadian members on either side.

Question 14 (Full) is:
You've had a second chance at making a Leatherneck figure and this time he was part of the main line, yet he still has Gung-Ho's head.  You previously said that this was because he was part of a store exclusive offering, where new tooling is rarely introduced.  Why not make a proper head for him this time around?

Question 15 (Full) is:
When can we expect a yes or no answer on the future of any classic styled figures and packaging?  Toyfair and JoeCon '09 have come and gone and there's been no mention of this line.  Does this mean that there are no plans to bring back the line in 2010?

Question 16 (Full) is:
When we ask about store exclusives coming to Canada your response is always "we make them available to Canadian retailers, but they don't order them".  Is there any chance of making these available to Canadians though smaller stores (think comic shops) or available online somehow?  Do the US retailers have "veto" power over who offers these in the Canadian market?

Question 21 (Full) is:
Why has Hasbro mainly focused on offering exclusive items online, instead of bringing back one of Hasbro's earlier mail order ideas: The catalog insert with each product package like they did 20 years ago so that kids and collectors can redeem points for products.

What is stopping Hasbro from actually offering this right now?

Offering mail-away items shouldn't always have to be about exclusives, It could also be a great way for Hasbro to offer again 25th anniversary items that many collectors have missed out on. But mainly, it's the experience of going to the post office that really matters, mailing away your points and waiting with genuine excitement for the reward to arrive in the mailbox....

Question 22: (Full) is:
A lot of GIJoe exclusives can't be sold in the Province of Quebec on account of a lack of french on the packaging. Of note is the recently-leaked-from-China (images of) Wal-Mart battle stations that show Hasbro Canada markings on the package but no French. Toys'R'us exclusives also suffer from this lack of french, making it expensive for French-Canadian Joe fans to get those figures and vehicles. Is there any way to get future and past ROC exclusives to be made for the Canadian market in bilingual/trilingual packaging like the regular releases are?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:17:57 PM by Anonymous »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: Vote now for the questions to submit to Hasbro - FALL 2009!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 09:06:24 PM »

Let the voting begin!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 09:14:11 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Let the voting begin!
Voted!  Also, that clarinet question made me laugh.  I see what you did there! :lol:
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 10:26:12 PM »

Quote from: "SnakeEyesOnAPlane"
Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Let the voting begin!
Voted!  Also, that clarinet question made me laugh.  I see what you did there! :lol:.
2 + 2 = 22

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 11:05:19 PM »

I say we petition Hasbro for three plus the bonus clarinet question... :lol:
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 10:48:58 AM »

Thread locked and questions submitted
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.