JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: GI Joe Complete Series on DVD  (Read 12268 times)

Storm.Shadow

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
GI Joe Complete Series on DVD
« on: October 08, 2009, 05:14:59 PM »

Amazon.ca has the complete series up for pre-order.

125.99$ and Free shipping.  That seems like a very fair price to me.  I almost regret buying it from Shout! earlier.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: GI Joe Complete Series on DVD
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 05:23:56 PM »

whew!

I held off when it first came out - I assumed it would come out cheaper later on.... seems I was right! :-)

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 12:04:45 AM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
whew!

I held off when it first came out - I assumed it would come out cheaper later on.... seems I was right! :-)

me too. I also just could not bear the thought of forking over cash to the mailman or delivery guy to cover the customs on top of the Shout price. I think I can manage this price much better. 

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 04:02:31 PM »

At that price snatch it up!
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

freakx2001

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 10:22:48 PM »

I was thinking about getting this and the Transformer one when they were first announced.. but since then I've decided that I would perfer to pick up the seasons 1 by 1, as I like the packaging / artwork on the cases a lot better.

As well there really isn't that much of a savings by getting them all at the same time...

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 09:08:18 AM »

You know about 3 year ago I would have been excited. Now that I've seen some of the dvds and episodes on teletoon I find that it just doesn't recreate the magic. I think I'd rather save my money and go buy the old marvel comics which I never really read as a kid and find awesome right now. I had the same problem with Transformers, but not with He-Man or The Visionaries.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 04:20:47 PM by B »

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 01:32:33 PM »

I am with B.  This isn't a must have.

Now if they decided to include the DIC episodes, then you will have my full interest.  Watching DIC on youtube makes it seem far worse than it is. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 02:43:55 PM »

I was asked to pass this along today.

[align=center:2h56wuhp]

G.I. JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO
THE COMPLETE SERIES
LIMITED-EDITION COLLECTOR?S SET

Jam Packed with 17-DVDs, 95 Episodes, Extensive Bonus Content, Voice Cast Reunion, A Collectible Book, a 1-GB ?Dog Tag? Flash Drive Featuring 2 New G.I. JOE Silent Comics and much more in a Deluxe Footlocker Case
In Stores November 10, 2009 from Shout! Factory

This November 10, 2009, the action explodes onto DVD as the epic adventures of the original action hero arrive in stores nationwide in the ultimate collector?s set.  Witness their fight for freedom as the G.I. JOE team faces off against the venomous COBRA organization and their bid to rule the world.  For the first time ever, fans can own the complete series of the original animated television show that was a pop-culture phenomenon for  a generation of kids in the 1980?s.

Now you can relive the original animated adventures of DUKE, SCARLETT, SNAKE EYES, FLINT, LADY JAYE and the rest of the team with G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero The Complete Series limited-edition collector?s set from Shout! Factory in collaboration with Hasbro.

Loaded with over 36 hours of content, this 17-disc collector?s set of G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero contains all 95 episodes including the final episodes that have never been available on DVD until now, brand-new bonus features celebrating G.I. JOE?s rich history, a special collectible book, an exclusive 1-GB ?Dog Tag? Flash Drive (USB 2.0) with G.I. JOE silent comics, and special Arashikage and Cobra Rub-on tattoos. All collected in a specially designed deluxe footlocker case. Plus, there is a special DVD place holder inside this case for the G.I. JOE original animated movie when it becomes available next year! A fan must-have for this holiday season, G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero The Complete Series limited-edition collector?s set is priced at $179.99 SRP. (Suggested Retail Price)[/align:2h56wuhp]

EXTENSIVE DVD BONUS FEATURES:

* Looking Back with writer Ron Friedman, Part One
    * Looking Back with writer Ron Friedman, Part Two
    * Looking Back with writer Ron Friedman, Part Three
    * ?Knowing Is Half The Battle? PSAs
    * G.I. JOE?s Original 1963 Toy Fair presentation
    * Archival Hasbro toy commercials
    * Printable ?Jungle Trap? Script
    * Every Day Heroes: The History of G.I. JOE

An in-depth and insightful look at the many lives of G.I. JOE, from action figures and play sets to comic books and animated series. Includes exclusive, brand-new interviews with those most responsible for the success of G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero

* Men & Women of Action: Creating the G.I. JOE Animated Series

A look back at the development and production of G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero with members of the creative team and voice talent.

* Voices of A Real American Hero

An unbelievable roundtable discussion with eight key members of the voice cast. Jack Angel (Wet Suit), Michael Bell (Duke), Gregg Berger (Spirit), Aurthur Burghardt (Destro), Corey Burton (Tomax), Richard Gautier (Serpentor), Neil Ross (Shipwreck), B.J. Ward (Scarlett).

* Greenshirts: The G.I. JOE Fandom

An intimate look at those most touched by G.I. JOE: its legion of loyal fans.

* Declassified: A Conversation With Larry Hama

An in-depth interview with the comic book writer most responsible for the unforgettable stories and characters of G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero.

* Fan Material - Live-action fan film Battle For The Serpent Stone.

SYNOPSIS
G. I. JOE is the code name for America?s daring highly-trained special missions force. 
Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA, a ruthless organization determined to rule the world!

1n 1982 Hasbro made a bold statement when it launched its classic toy line of action heroes as an adventure-based team of unique characters, each with his ? and her ? own specialties.  And because it captured the imaginations and hearts of kids aspiring to make a difference in the world, G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero was an immediate success lasting over 25 incredible years.
Technical Information
Street Date:  November 10, 2009 
Rating: Not Rated
Packaging: deluxe footlocker case
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Suggested Retail Price: $179.99
Running Time:  36.5 hours
Discs: 17

About HASBRO
Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) is a worldwide leader in children?s and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Hasbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as G.I. JOE, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, CRANIUM and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. (C) 2009 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory is a diversified entertainment company devoted to producing, uncovering and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their careers sharing their music, television and film faves with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory?s DVD offerings serve up classic, contemporary and cult TV series, riveting sports programs, live music, animation and documentaries in lavish packages crammed with extras. The company?s audio catalogue boasts GRAMMY?-nominated boxed sets, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable ?best of? compilations. These riches are the result of a creative acquisitions mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit www.shoutfactory.com http://www.shoutfactory.com

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 02:51:20 PM »

What was the original price point from SHOUT?

I ask because I believe the TF series was around $150US and I just picked it up at Best Buy yesterday for $100CDN.

So I am hoping that the JOE set will be close to that as well.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 03:43:16 PM »

Speak of the Transformers set, I have the entire Rhino set. Does the Shout Factory Transformers have anything that the Rhino set didn't have? I don't recall seeing all those "Head Masters" series that came out after the movie.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 10:40:59 PM »

So we have the choice between:

Amazon.ca: $125.99 (CAD) including free shipping.

OR

Shout factory: $145.00 (USD) + extra S&H for Canadians + Duty fees

I don't know how, but I made my choice without using an Excel spreadsheet ::)

Martin

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 05:04:39 PM »

Looks like the retail pricing may be realistic after all.

Best Buy flyer shows it for $114.99.