JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Ask Hasbro your questions - Halloween Edition  (Read 6642 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Hasbro your questions - Halloween Edition
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 11:00:52 AM »

Is there a chance we could see a Transformers/Gi Joe cross-over in the upcoming movies and toys?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Inzane

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 11:17:59 AM »

Is there any chance Hasbro could make another production run of the DVD Battle Pack # 5 set? 

I know this topic has been discussed before and Hasbro has merely said "Don't worry, they're out there" or something to that effect.  However I'm not aware of ANY confirmed sightings of the Pack #5 on Canadian store shelves anywhere.

All I see these days are the supplies being bled off via Ebay scalpers online, at greatly inflated prices.

As a compromise if my suggestion is not possible/practical, how about adding a single-carded 25th Alpine (true 25th, not ROC) into next year's lineup?   That would go a long way to appease the many many disappointed collectors out there that feel shafted by the DVD Pack # 5 fiasco.

Thanks.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 11:34:15 AM »

Guys, seriously, asking questions that grabs Hasbro by the hand and drags them to areas you know they don't answer is just going to get us more blow-offs. We can't have 100 word, five sentence questions that ask multiple things. If you want to know about the Alpha 3 vehicles, you have to say "Is there truth to the rumours the Alpha 3 vehicles have been canceled?" If you're worried other waves will be canceled, you have to ask "Is everything previewed for 2010 still on the release schedule?" or "Can you announce any of the release dates for the 2010 product we saw previewed?"

olyeller01, I'm not picking on you, the question you posed just made a good example. I'm just exhausted seeing these same problem questions or questions asked aggressively and then hearing about how Hasbro isn't answering what's asked.
Updated!

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 12:08:43 PM »

Quote from: "Inzane"
Is there any chance Hasbro could make another production run of the DVD Battle Pack # 5 set? 

I know this topic has been discussed before and Hasbro has merely said "Don't worry, they're out there" or something to that effect.  However I'm not aware of ANY confirmed sightings of the Pack #5 on Canadian store shelves anywhere.

All I see these days are the supplies being bled off via Ebay scalpers online, at greatly inflated prices.

As a compromise if my suggestion is not possible/practical, how about adding a single-carded 25th Alpine (true 25th, not ROC) into next year's lineup?   That would go a long way to appease the many many disappointed collectors out there that feel shafted by the DVD Pack # 5 fiasco.

Thanks.

I read somewhere (I can't recall where) that the last parts will be repacked in a new assortment in 2010.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Inzane

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 02:23:59 PM »

Quote from: "darth cujo"
Given that we won't be getting any classic style joes in classic style packaging in the near future, is there any chance of some more classic figures being slipped into the movie/post-movie line-up ala Rampage (Heavy Metal), Thunderblast (Thunder), or Monkeywrench from the Walmart 2-Packs. This will allow you to continue to market the toys as part of the movie/post-movie line while throwing a bone to us classic only collectors.

I personally am not fond of this approach and wish they'd give those figures proper homage in appropriate packing.  Sure getting the figures is better than not getting them at all.  But as far as the three you mention (and add "Nitro-Viper" to that list as well), we get non-matching figure stands (or in some cases as with vehicle drivers, NO stands at all) and non-matching filecards.  While the stands I can forgive, the ROC-style filecards are a poor, poor substitute.  IMHO.

Inzane

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 02:24:56 PM »

Quote from: "pdaat"
I read somewhere (I can't recall where) that the last parts will be repacked in a new assortment in 2010.

The last parts of what?

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 04:02:28 PM »

I believe he's taking about the last pieces of the mass device. I think its the emiiter beam that people are missing. Sorry for the off topic comment.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:04:22 PM by B »

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 11:31:10 PM »

Yes, I was refering to the last part of the MASS device.

How about giving old school collectors a ROC Ripcord in the original Rip's fatigues as a homage?  Even include a parachute?
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 09:46:43 AM »

Quote from: "Inzane"
Quote from: "darth cujo"
Given that we won't be getting any classic style joes in classic style packaging in the near future, is there any chance of some more classic figures being slipped into the movie/post-movie line-up ala Rampage (Heavy Metal), Thunderblast (Thunder), or Monkeywrench from the Walmart 2-Packs. This will allow you to continue to market the toys as part of the movie/post-movie line while throwing a bone to us classic only collectors.

I personally am not fond of this approach and wish they'd give those figures proper homage in appropriate packing.  Sure getting the figures is better than not getting them at all.  But as far as the three you mention (and add "Nitro-Viper" to that list as well), we get non-matching figure stands (or in some cases as with vehicle drivers, NO stands at all) and non-matching filecards.  While the stands I can forgive, the ROC-style filecards are a poor, poor substitute.  IMHO.

I agree with you 100%, but they've already said we're not getting anything for quite a while (except maybe those "then and now" sets like the snowjob/polar battle bear set) and it looks like resolute is taking the slot for exclusive 7 packs next year (BOOOO!!). We may not see any proper classic figures until 2011. So yeah, at this point I'm settling for better than nothing.