JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Answers from Hasbro to our Q&A!  (Read 6587 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Answers from Hasbro to our Q&A!
« on: March 19, 2010, 07:48:35 PM »

The latest answers are in from Hasbro. Check them out here.

You can now check past Q&A's with JoeCanuck and Hasbro at this link here.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:29:37 AM by Stealth Viper »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Answers from Hasbro to our Q&A!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 08:49:54 PM »

Quote from: "Stealth Viper"

2) Canadians were promised (and received) more store exclusives, but the walmart battle stations and some toys r us exclusives were not released here. What was the reasoning behind this; did the exclusives we did get not perform to expectation?

Hasbro Answered:

2) Retailer space and product choices differ by market.  Sometime variations in product listings do occur.

Not a great answer but it makes sense why.  I hope we do not have the same hard time finding exclusives with POC as we did with ROC.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lurking

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 12:42:10 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
Quote from: "Stealth Viper"

2) Canadians were promised (and received) more store exclusives, but the walmart battle stations and some toys r us exclusives were not released here. What was the reasoning behind this; did the exclusives we did get not perform to expectation?

Hasbro Answered:

2) Retailer space and product choices differ by market.  Sometime variations in product listings do occur.
I wouldn't be too worried.  I am sure there will be much less in the way of exclusives.
Not a great answer but it makes sense why.  I hope we do not have the same hard time finding exclusives with POC as we did with ROC.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 12:48:53 PM »

You may be right as the POC line is just filling the gap until the next movie comes out. 
Lurking

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 09:49:25 PM »

So some more stock answers to our half hearted questions? Do we pull the plug on this?

Or maybe we should ask vintage line questions?

eg: Why did you choose to go with a pink bordered card for the 90's ninja and space themed figures?

Seriously though, either we should change this up or pull the plug.

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 10:06:01 PM »

I agree - I have also noticed that most of the different sites/boards are all asking very similar questions.
I think I read the same answer to a differently phrased question regarding Cobra Commander 3 times.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 10:15:28 PM »

We should Definitely ask Vintage only questions next time.  That we will know if we get the same answers that this may be a waste of time.
Lurking

Wild Weasel

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theterrordrome.com
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 11:49:49 PM »

As much as I appreciate Hasbro doing these Q&A's, I'm really starting to find them a waste of time. They wouldn't give us more than canned answers before; now with the new restrictions in place, it makes it harder to come up with interesting questions and we still get canned responses.

I mean look at the ones we asked, they didn't even really answer them. It is also looking like a good portion of sites didnt' participate in this round (at least they haven't post their response yet). So really, where do we go with this?

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 12:47:53 AM »

Yeah, their restrictions clamp it down pretty hard.  Honestly, I fail to see the harm in asking about the status of product we've already been shown!  If we're shown it and it's been cancelled or delayed, what's the harm in asking about it?  Also, I know they can't GIVE stuff away, but what's the harm in us asking when we're gonna see new versions of our favorite characters?  They could at least give hints, like they did about us getting a new Dialtone (even if it wasn't the Dialtone we wanted). 
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 11:25:23 AM »

More eveidence that this may be a waste of time.  I posted that Hasbro has cancelled Wave 3 line of the ROC Alpha vehicles, and one of the replies in had a link to another sites Q and A and they asked about the line which Hasbro replied that they will be shipping soon and we should watch out for them. 
Lurking

Wild Weasel

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theterrordrome.com
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 01:26:10 PM »

More eveidence that this may be a waste of time.  I posted that Hasbro has cancelled Wave 3 line of the ROC Alpha vehicles, and one of the replies in had a link to another sites Q and A and they asked about the line which Hasbro replied that they will be shipping soon and we should watch out for them.

Yeah, I was quite surprised by this too. IMO, I think they may arrive in the North America, but will be in very small quantities. Especially if Hasbro has cancelled online retailers pre-orders like BBTS.

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 03:47:13 PM »

We should Definitely ask Vintage only questions next time.  That we will know if we get the same answers that this may be a waste of time.
Even that may be a waste of time. A few Q&As back one of my questions got submitted, asking why the 1997-1998 figures featured retooling that severely hindered head articulation, and the answer was that "the figures were produced to mimic the originals in terms of articulation, but did need to be retooled".
So... questions about vintage toys are just as likely to be wasted as questions about new stuff.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....