JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: stargate game  (Read 2127 times)

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
stargate game
« on: May 02, 2010, 10:42:33 AM »

Thought some of you guys might be Stargate/SG-1 fans.  I had received an invitation for a free trial of the new online first-person-shooter called Stargate Resistance.  The free trial lasts until midnight (email said 12:01 monday so I think that means tonight midnight).  If any of you guys are interested you can check it out here:  http://www.stargateresistance.com/JoinT ... index.html

I had to wait awhile for the download, over a gig.  There were three playable areas, the SGC, a planet where there was a familiar tower and it controlled the weather, and a planet style temple.  There are two teams to choose from, the SGC or the System Lords.  On each team there are three playable classes.  The SGC had the basic soldier (p90 and grenade launcher), a sniper commando, and an engineer or medic type.  The system lords had a Jaffa, a Goa'uld, and an asrak invisible assassin type (which kept getting me!).

It was pretty cool to be running around the SGC and hearing stuff like "the system lords have activated the failsafe."  Big levels but I like the gateroom (with stargate you can go through), and the upper control/briefing rooms.

You earn experience points from the play and can advance in rank.  Play type included Capture the Tech, conquest, deathmatch. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: stargate game
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 09:52:30 PM »

Looks good, now only to find time to play... :(
Lurking

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 01:09:05 PM »

I don't know if I ever even eliminated an enemy!  But I enjoyed running around the SGC :)  I think a single player game like that would be fun, with dialogue and mission objectives.  Like the one on that episode where Teal'c was plugged in.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 01:16:52 PM »

Quote from: "turner"
I don't know if I ever even eliminated an enemy!  But I enjoyed running around the SGC :)  I think a single player game like that would be fun, with dialogue and mission objectives.  Like the one on that episode where Teal'c was plugged in.

I remember that episode Season 8 Episode 6 Avatar:
Dr. Lee and his team have modified one of the virtual reality chairs last seen in "The Gamekeeper" to host a combat simulation for training Stargate personnel. After claiming the simulation isn't realistic, Teal'c agrees to help the scientists refine it. Inside, he faces steadily mounting hazards. Worse, his own ego prevents him from leaving until the last Goa'uld is destroyed. Each time he dies in the scenario, the chair shocks him. Teal'c must find a way past the barriers of his own mind to escape before the virtual deaths sum to real fatality.

That was a great episode... I should blow the dust off my SG1 DVDs and watch this one again.
Lurking