JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Batman fans here?  (Read 4982 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Batman fans here?
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 12:36:03 PM »

Quote from: "Sureshot"
Hey LJ,

The Batman Vampire trilogy was re-released in one trade paperback a couple years ago, for what Amazon is selling it for it is easily worth getting (although you may have to wait for it to come in from their distributor).

http://www.amazon.ca/Tales-Multiverse-Batman-Vampire-Doug-Moench/dp/1401215653/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1282036686&sr=1-1

It has Red Rain and its two sequels, Bloodstorm and Crimson Mist.

While I never really got into the Elseworlds stuff, I always liked "Gotham By Gaslight", which features a Victorian era Batman vs. Jack the Ripper. It might just be because Mike Mignola drew it and I've always enjoyed his work. It also holds the distinction of being the first Elseworlds story and is available for cheap at most comic stores I frequent so it shouldn't be too hard to track down.

Awesome, Thanks for the link and the valuable info Sureshot! 3 stories? I thought I was dealing with only two of them, that's even better for me. I forgot that nothing is really discontinued in the wonderful world of Amazon  ;D.

I also enjoy Mike Mignola's art and find the setting of what you described for Gotham by Gaslight very very interesting. You got my attention twice!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
2 + 2 = 22

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 07:57:56 PM »

I love Batman as portrayed on the animated series and justice league. I've never really read any of the comics when I was a kid but he's probably my favourite hero and he has the best gang of villians. Speaking of Batman on tv; I don't suppose they've ever released the old Adam West Batman tv show on dvd yet have they?!?

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 10:29:28 PM »

Quote from: "B"
I love Batman as portrayed on the animated series and justice league. I've never really read any of the comics when I was a kid but he's probably my favourite hero and he has the best gang of villians. Speaking of Batman on tv; I don't suppose they've ever released the old Adam West Batman tv show on dvd yet have they?!?

i have the batman movie with adam west, i havent seen the tv series on dvd though.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 10:45:18 PM »

Quote from: "dodge822"

i have the batman movie with adam west, i havent seen the tv series on dvd though.

I remember the movie like it was yesterday. Every bad guy gangs up against Batman.... If The Mike invites Burgess Meredith to the next can joe con, it'll be my chance to ask him how it was to voice Golobulus and to portray The Penguin, it'll be two hits out of one stone  :lol:
2 + 2 = 22

Lt Storm

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 10:58:54 PM »

I'm a HUGE Batman fan, I read all the comics, usually get the miniseries.  But I can't stand what Grant Morrison has been doing with Batman.  Batman being "killed" by "Darksied" and is now travelling through time.   ::)  I like that cr@p kept out of Batman, and this whole Batman Inc. thing...oh god please won't someone stop Grant Morrison before he ruins Batman like he did to X-Men (not my opinon I don't read X-Men but others).  If it already isn't too late.

There was a Batman novel out quite some time ago that I liked, it put Batman into the real world with a very real thing called Batman The Ultimate Evil.  For graphic novels Seduction of the Gun was good and one of the best is Killing Joke. 
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 12:49:03 AM »

Quote from: "dodge822"

There are rights issues presently that are preventing the Adam West TV series from being released on DVD or Bluray.

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
I remember the movie like it was yesterday. Every bad guy gangs up against Batman.... If The Mike invites Burgess Meredith to the next can joe con, it'll be my chance to ask him how it was to voice Golobulus and to portray The Penguin, it'll be two hits out of one stone  :lol:
I don't know how to break this to you, but Burgess Meredith passed away in 1997....

I wonder if DC might ever plan to bring Alan Grant back to Batman. I loved his late 80s/early 90s Detective Comics tales, which would feature nice self-contained stories (or sometimes brief two-parters) where the Dark Knight would encounter all these goofy yet interesting villains.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 12:56:47 AM »

Quote from: "Jay"
I don't know how to break this to you, but Burgess Meredith passed away in 1997....

I guess I never learn  :lol: Jay, I did know he passed away (you probably don't know but it's probably the third time I mention about late Meredith showing up at the next con. I'm just hoping that perhaps, perhaps, like someone once put it, his zombit self will want to make a special appearance. Or maybe the Black Hand would give him a black ring like in Darkest night.
2 + 2 = 22

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 02:47:31 AM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
Jay, I did know he passed away (you probably don't know but it's probably the third time I mention about late Meredith showing up at the next con.
No, I wasn't aware of that, sorry.  :-[
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....