JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Quick Niagara Falls/Buffalo update.  (Read 5120 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Quick Niagara Falls/Buffalo update.
« on: January 29, 2011, 04:56:50 PM »

Ok.   I took a trip down today to do some shopping.  Here is a brief rundown of what I found.

TARGET:

Pretty much just wave 2 POC with a few wave 3 (duke/SS).  Most had a TON of Destros and Jungle Vipers.  Otherwise not much, just the odd Mech or wave 2 Alphas.

WALMART:

Same as Target except fewer figs and vehicles and no wave 3.  Strangely 2 had about 6 each of the Sky Sweeper w/Air Raid for $8 each.

TRU:

Hit and miss.  Sames as above with wave 2 and mechs.  Some ROC figs, vehicles on sale, though not  much and a mix of other ROC items.  No Sting Raiders.

BIG LOTS:

One had a Rocket Helicopter based on the real life helicopter in scale with Joes (it looked like the Air Wolf copter).  The other had a bunch of Destro/Shockblast comic packs.

Pricing has really gone up and is basically the same as Canada now so unless we can't get it here, there isn't much point in going down for something.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 04:58:39 PM by canprime »

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Niagara Falls/Buffalo update.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 09:38:57 PM »

I guess you have to go deeper in to the US for deals.  The closest ROSS store is in Pennsylvania.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lurking

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 12:51:51 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
I guess you have to go deeper in to the US for deals.  The closest ROSS store is in Pennsylvania.

And you have to get to those stores basically the same day they put out GIJoe products before the ebay scalpers clean them out.  I hit two ROSS stores when I was in Florida (different cities)about three days after the Cancelled Target pack posting went up for California sightings and the only figure/vehicle I found was the Ace set.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »

Well another trip down and another update.

Nothing of note to report.  

One Walmart had POC figs and the AWE Striker wave.  The figs were mostly wave 4 refresh with 1 lonely Cobra Trooper.

Target was a wasteland with the same Alpha wave and almost exclusively Arctic Destro!!!!  Though they did have the wave 2 Captain America figures (Capt. Britain, US Agent) and the deluxe Hydra Soldier.  

TRU was the same as Target, not much but a TON of Arctic Destro and a TON of the SRO (naval only) sets.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 07:24:43 PM »

Was at the Niagara Falls NY Super Walmart today picking up a Site to Store baby shower gift and noticed the 30th Ann. wave 1 was out.  They only had the Cobra Trooper left.  I would have grabbed Stalker if he was there.  They also had one of each 12" figure.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!