JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Amazon 4 packs back in stock  (Read 11130 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Amazon 4 packs back in stock
« on: May 04, 2012, 01:37:27 PM »

Amazon.com  (NOT .ca) has two 4 packs out right now. They were sold out at first but I was just able to place an order for one of each.

After taxes and duty it cost me just over $102 for 8 figures. That's a bit more then I like to spend but these might be in short supply.

http://www.amazon.com/G-I-Joe-Sneak-Peek-Figure/dp/B007COCLSQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336152826&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/G-I-Joe-Renegades-3-75-Figure/dp/B007COCLWM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1336152826&sr=8-2

I should get mine between May 17 - 30th.

Get them while you can.  ;)
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon 4 packs back in stock
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 03:39:57 PM »

I got my friend in Texas to get my set.  They had a limit of 2 for the Renegades set.
Lurking

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 07:19:19 PM »

I am willing to miss these if they don't get a release up here at some store, but after the Unicron debacle (thankfully I waited) I can wait and see if they come to TRU or Walmart.  With the movie coming out I am hopeful someone will bite.

formbx257

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 11:35:23 PM »

Although I won't be getting these, I'm glad Amazon restocked with a healthy quantity.  The day after they first "ran out", the scalper prices for both sets on eBay turned my stomach.
I hope they do turn up in Canadian retail, like all the recent cancelled/exclusive/rare items have been.  I really like that trend!
Watch "The 1980's G.I. Joe Show" on Blip.TV: http://blip.tv/formbx257
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FormBX257/295471453806030

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 06:04:08 AM »

What is the difference with these and single card releases?  From what i understand the Renegades Stormy is different, but what about the Retaliation set?
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 08:31:21 AM »

As far as the preview set, black cobra Commander vs blue. A Black CC sold on ebay for some stupid high price recently. I forget but it was well over $100.00 (maybe $200?). The rest I'm not sure about. Road Block probably has different camo on his legs.

As for the Renegades, better to let someone who does reviews all the time answer this:

http://generalsjoes.com/2012/05/07/generalsjoes-reviews-amazon-exclusive-g-i-joe-renegades-4-pack/

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 09:40:32 AM »

I got my order in on Monday. It's totally a mixed bag here and all of it has me wondering about the future of G.I. Joe toys.

The Renegades ninjas and Snake Eyes are very cool but lack any sort of screws and metal. No "T" bar, no leg screws. It's going to make customizing impossible. If all G.I. Joe's go this way then I'll have to stop making customs, period. You might be able to boil and pop lower arms and maybe even upper legs but you will not be able to hide where the pieces came from originally.

The Road Block figure is very cheaply made. The plastic feels like junk and the shoulder joints do not match the rotation of the arms. When you move his arms there is a bump in the shoulders. It's hard to explain but once you see the figure you'll see what I mean.

The Movie Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes are nice but are very thin.

Over all I don't hate the sets. I just wonder what G.I. Joe will look like in 2 years.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 12:57:40 PM »

I got my order in on Monday. It's totally a mixed bag here and all of it has me wondering about the future of G.I. Joe toys.

The Renegades ninjas and Snake Eyes are very cool but lack any sort of screws and metal. No "T" bar, no leg screws. It's going to make customizing impossible. If all G.I. Joe's go this way then I'll have to stop making customs, period. You might be able to boil and pop lower arms and maybe even upper legs but you will not be able to hide where the pieces came from originally.

The Road Block figure is very cheaply made. The plastic feels like junk and the shoulder joints do not match the rotation of the arms. When you move his arms there is a bump in the shoulders. It's hard to explain but once you see the figure you'll see what I mean.

Over all I don't hate the sets. I just wonder what G.I. Joe will look like in 2 years.

So do you feel they were worth the price?  If not, then what price?  Should some of them have been canned completely, or released individually?

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 01:31:22 PM »

Got a Renegades set yesterday.
Not a big fan of this new upper leg articulations.
The right leg moves freely, but most of the left legs are stuck.
Say no to AFA.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 01:49:38 PM »

So do you feel they were worth the price?  If not, then what price?  Should some of them have been canned completely, or released individually?

That's a fair question.

If they are going to make all the figures like the Road Block figure then I think a price drop is in order. Like I said, the plastic quality feels cheap. I had to touch up some of the black paint as well.

I don't regret buying either set, but I certainly wouldn't want to make a habit of it.

I really dig the Renegade ninjas, even if that means I can't use them as custom fodder. That and the hole in their heels is too swallow so they have a hard time fiting on the stands.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 11:36:51 PM »

I will be picking up my sets at the hotel in Disney this weekend.  I hope to not be disappointed..........
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »

I will be picking up my sets at the hotel in Disney this weekend.  I hope to not be disappointed..........

I doubt it. In general it's not a bad set and seeing the new legs on the Resolute Ninjas is worth checking out.

Last night I sat down and took a hard look at The Rock block. It's not a bad figure but without the double knee joints and ankle articulation if lost some of the play factor. But as a figure sitting on the shelf he looks pretty decent.

I fixed him up and maybe later I'll take some pictures. The first thing I had to do was fix the black paint voids. Then I removed his hands and replaced them with Steel Brigade hands. After that I chucked his silly weapons and gave him a heavy gun from the Steel brigade troopers. Now he looks better and he stands over top of most other Joes. They made him really tall.