JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: TRU sale, buy one get one 1/2 off on Retaliation figs. Plus more  (Read 11330 times)

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: TRU sale, buy one get one 1/2 off on Retaliation figs. Plus more
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 07:36:44 AM »

They are already on sale?  Didn't they just come out?  I guess TRU wants to either get rid of the stock fast (with the movie pushed back) or it's not selling at those prices.  Either way, they are still making a profit when they put stuff on sale, which means it was over priced in the first place.

I'm guessing that the promotion was already planned and the flyers printed before the annoucement that the movie and toys were pushed back. So it's going ahead as planned. Don't forget that it only been about a week since the news dropped. No way that TRU had time to change their game plan in that time.

It's good news, IMO. I'll be going to get the price adjusted later today. I'll be getting a good chunk of change back. I might pick up a couple more 3-packs. At 25$ for the best figs in the Ret line, they're a good deal.

BTW, my flyer says that the Delta vehicles (HISS and Ghost Hawk II) are also 5$ off.

OB

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 11:14:59 AM »

how does the price matching work exactly?  Just bring in the reciept to their customer service desk?  Does it have to be within a certain date of purchase?  And Im guessing you dont have to bring back the product?

You just take your recipt to the customer service desk and say you bought this last week now it went on sale, they do there magic and give you the difference.
Lurking

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 12:11:32 PM »

They are already on sale?  Didn't they just come out?  I guess TRU wants to either get rid of the stock fast (with the movie pushed back) or it's not selling at those prices.  Either way, they are still making a profit when they put stuff on sale, which means it was over priced in the first place.

I'm guessing that the promotion was already planned and the flyers printed before the annoucement that the movie and toys were pushed back. So it's going ahead as planned. Don't forget that it only been about a week since the news dropped. No way that TRU had time to change their game plan in that time.

It's good news, IMO. I'll be going to get the price adjusted later today. I'll be getting a good chunk of change back. I might pick up a couple more 3-packs. At 25$ for the best figs in the Ret line, they're a good deal.

BTW, my flyer says that the Delta vehicles (HISS and Ghost Hawk II) are also 5$ off.

OB

I missed the part about Delta vehicles.

For $16.99 the Hiss tank is now worth it.  ;)

http://www.toysrus.ca/family/index.jsp?categoryId=12079245&foreSeeBrowseSampling=15&foreSeeBrowseLoyalty=1&foreSeeEnabled=true
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 05:17:36 PM »

OB

I missed the part about Delta vehicles.

For $16.99 the Hiss tank is now worth it.  ;)

http://www.toysrus.ca/family/index.jsp?categoryId=12079245&foreSeeBrowseSampling=15&foreSeeBrowseLoyalty=1&foreSeeEnabled=true

Yes indeed.  It was nice to get back almost $30 on the figures and vehicle with the price adjustment.  Too bad that money went right back into more figures, another HISS and a Ghost Hawk II (see my rant about it in the Retaliation toys thread).

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 08:08:57 AM »

Yes indeed.  It was nice to get back almost $30 on the figures and vehicle with the price adjustment.  Too bad that money went right back into more figures, another HISS and a Ghost Hawk II (see my rant about it in the Retaliation toys thread).
[/quote]
For me, I got $89 back in price matching... then spent another $30 on Spider-Man toys

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 03:47:10 PM »

Cool, I got back 98$ on price matching yesterday. Also, the girl at customer service was really cool. Three of my receipts had uneven numbers of figures on them. She fixed them so that I could grab 3 more figures from pegs to get at 5.49$. I picked up a couple of Renegades Fireflies and a 30th Cobra Trooper.

This morning, I went to a different TRU and picked up another bunch of figures (Ret Joe Troopers, Red Ninjas and CC as well as 2 more 3-packs). I didn't come out on top budget wise, but I did get more bang for my buck  ;D

OB