JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Montreal Toy Con Sunday November 4th  (Read 5929 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Montreal Toy Con Sunday November 4th
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:32:55 PM »

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd let you know that THE BEST modern and vintage toy event on the island is in town again: THE MONTREAL TOY CON, this sunday from 10am to 4pm!

General admission is 5$. Kids admission (up to 5 years) is FREE.

Please visit the site for more information and how to get to the event:

http://site.toysonfire.com/montreal_toy_con/montrealtoycon.html

See you there!

2 + 2 = 22

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Montreal Toy Con Sunday November 4th
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 09:57:24 PM »

What do you think are my chances to find vintage GI Joes there? If you compare to the CJC?

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 10:57:18 PM »

That's a though question to answer.

It is a much smaller event than the CJC for sure (in terms of space and vendors, the dealeroom is maybe half the size of the CJC's). So that factor alone statistically speaking should reduce the odds of finding ARAH gi joe, and second, because it is an expo for all kinds of toys not just Joe, so that pretty much should diminish what's left of choice and variety for ARAH original stuff.

As for my own experience, It happened to me before that I would walk out of a gi joe convention without finding anything in particular. On another hand, I would go to this random event and would find the find of a century simply because X guy who usually doesn't bring any joes, bought a lot from a collector, and I happened to be at the right place at the right time.

So there is no real answer to your question, except that you alone can answer if you decide to come. You'll recall that that is how I found my Starduster for 7$ (when he was worth 60-75 at the time) at a non-Joe event. Strangely, I kept going years later and never found Gi joe figures again at that one specific event...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:01:02 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:05:20 PM »

And for the sakes of closing the topic to which I had no answer before, I am confirming that the mystery guy who I said would be at the Mtl Toy Con on Nov. 4th was all about ARAH gi joe (original O-ring stuff) figures and vehicles. He brought alot of complete figures. Per instance a complete Storm Shadow v.1 and Firefly (complete with original accessories) were priced at 25 each. My friend was the one who bought the Firefly and it was in great shape. A very reasonable price for each if you ask me. Will he be there next year? I have good reasons to believe so because he said that it really went well for him.
2 + 2 = 22

Prince de Lu

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 10:20:51 PM »

Nice meeting you, again ;-)

ian

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 12:48:20 PM »

Nice meeting you, again ;-)

ian

Thanks, it was nice to see you too (and recognize you for once)  :)

I'd also like to give special thanks to all those who participated in the good spirit of the event. Without the attendees/organizers spreading the word, the Montreal Toycon wouldn't be a complete success.
2 + 2 = 22

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 05:16:03 PM »

I completely forgot about that con..  :'(

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »

I completely forgot about that con..  :'(

No worries 5h4rk 8) . The convention usually takes place twice a year if that can provide you with any consolation, however, this year it was held only once. There are talks that once a year may become the new standard. My understanding is that the organizers ( Toys on Fire ) want to revisit the bi-annual status of the show one year at the time.

To be continued...in 2013  ;)

P.S.: 5h4rk....you 5uck!  ;D
2 + 2 = 22