JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Don't forget about Amazon.com  (Read 10669 times)

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Don't forget about Amazon.com
« on: August 20, 2014, 05:49:15 PM »

Just yesterday, I placed an order for a Retaliation Night-Viper from Amazon.com--the US-version of the on-line store.
Now, for quite a while Amazon.com was notorious for offering some cool toys and such, but wouldn't ship to Canada.

Well, that has changed...........mostly. 

Amazon itself appears to ship north, but some vendors that offer through Amazon do or don't, depending on their own shipping policies.
The upside is that it's made some items, like the above mentioned Night-Viper easier to find/score.
The downside is price/shipping costs. 
The NV was $20, with about $10 shipping--but if you order two, the shipping drops to about $7. if you are okay with that, then it opens up options for finding things.
Bear in mind that Amazon.com offers "free shipping" on orders over $35 USD...........BUT, be forewarned that it's not really "free", because on the check-out tally there's a shipping and handling fee that seems to ring up at $10 or more. There also appears to be reduced shipping options as well, so keep that in mind.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Don't forget about Amazon.com
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 06:29:26 AM »

So basically it is a good deal if you can get something fairly cheap to offset the high shipping cost.

Sorry, but with the current status of the GI Joe brand, and aftermarket, it is better to wait than over pay anymore.  Especially on anything Retaliation related.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Don't forget about Amazon.com
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:55:43 PM »

So basically it is a good deal if you can get something fairly cheap to offset the high shipping cost.

Sorry, but with the current status of the GI Joe brand, and aftermarket, it is better to wait than over pay anymore.  Especially on anything Retaliation related.

Yes.  And I agree with the sentiment about waiting.  I've wanted the Night-Viper but been unable to find it anywhere else for a reasonable price, so this was my opportunity.  It also closes my Joe collecting for now because there's nothing else out there that I really want ( Marauder Task Force being the non-Joe exception).

Shipping is now a major cost-concern for me ( and many others), but I do have ways to mitigate that.