JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: My DEADPOOL movie review  (Read 7505 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
My DEADPOOL movie review
« on: February 14, 2016, 11:53:15 AM »

On friday I had the chance to go see it. Believe me, I tried not to go see it because I did not want to endorse a sadistical character who I remember appeared back then on X-Force. Anyway, I was completely wrong.

I saw the movie, and it was Great. It was a better movie to me, than the Force Awakens felt like. It is a genuinely good movie. Something that feels fresh and had me laughing from beginning to end.

Beware parents of kids and teens alike: DO not, and I insist, do not let them go see this movie, for yours and their own good. It is NOT appropriate for them, it never was (even in the comic books, he was a character that I always felt didn't have an appropriate place in traditionnal comic books, hence my predisposition against him at first, but these are the movies, so it's different). This is really the most important thing I had to say, and the fact that the movie completely took me by surprise. It really satisfied expectations where I didn't have them at all. Enjoy!
2 + 2 = 22

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: My DEADPOOL movie review
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 02:07:04 PM »

It's awesome. He's an antihero on a mission of vengeance, of course he's not going to be nice.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 11:02:14 PM »

I will wait until the movie is released for rental.  I was never a fan of this character to begin with. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Crimson Canuck

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 01:18:16 PM »

Gotta wait a couple of weeks for this to get here :( Can't wait.

Crimson Canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 10:30:15 AM »

So, we decided to go visit relatives in Alberta and decided to go see this. Loved it, laughed so hard in some spots I had tears and cheered when he did stuff that most movies have the main character hold off on. I'll go again when it hits my home town.
Curious to see that the theatre we went to had it rated 14A, I thought it was rated R. Anyhoo, I don't see a problem with 16 and up going to this, 14-15 year olds, I think it depends on their maturity level so parental discretion should be advised there. Personally, I was reading novels, graphic novels/comics and watching movies at 14 that were just as violent, if not more, and as sexually suggestive, if not more. So if you're a parent and you're wondering if your kid should or shouldn't see it, then go see it, think about what you saw or did when you were your kids age and make your judgement from that.

If you liked this then go play the DeadPool game. Or go play the DeadPool game and then see this movie. Oh, and make sure to stay and watch the little blurp after the credits.

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 07:37:15 PM »

Saw it over the weekend. Liked it a lot. Glad Ryan Reynolds was willing to keep the mask on for a large part of the film. I hate it when superhero movies don't have the hero in the mask because they want to show off the star's face. (Spider Man movies are the worst for this) Best adult action movie since Dredd I'd say.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 01:32:48 PM »

I'm a longtime Deadpool fan. I was introduced to him in '97 and am quite familiar with his backstory from the Joe Kelly run. I felt the movie was respectful to the character and didn't attempt to pander to mainstream audiences. This was essential to helping Deadpool retain his edge.

Great film. Great script. Proof that you can make a movie without trying to please everyone and it can still be successful.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 10:45:51 AM »

I laughed and laughed and laughed.   And in the good way.  Well done!  Kudos to all the work Reynolds put into the film on and off the screen.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Crimson Canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 05:36:48 PM »

Even better the second time.