JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 2017 Con Set Battle force 2000  (Read 11941 times)

Crimson Canuck

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Con Set Battle force 2000
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 05:52:23 PM »

Yeah, that'll be very interesting, as will the attendee exclusives. I'm guessing Dee-Jay, Backstop and Overkill to be exclusives, maybe the concept case Laser Viper too. I'm also thinking that some of the ROC vehicles will be used.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 09:47:09 AM »

No kidding, with exchange/ shipping/insurance it's like $650 Canadian and that's not taking into consideration duty and taxes. I may just cherry pick like I did last year.

This is where the club lost me a few years.  The sets are grossly overpriced. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 09:53:49 PM »

It really is about the vehicles in my opinion, however the vector was really the only thing i liked.
I still love the idea of building a base from other vehicles. Just needs to actually be done decent.
Honestly I don't know if i could do better but the original just seemed underwhelming. I actually didn't complete this set but my cousin did and it was just "meh"
I guess we'll find out soon enough.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 11:09:11 PM »

So what does everyone (anyone?) think of the con exclusives?

Nice to see a Laser-Viper 3 pack.  Also.....BACKSTOP!!!!!  Not a fan of his helmet design, or making him a parachutist as a figure, but glad to see him getting some more love.  Also liking Deejay, but not sure where Cobra Corrosao comes from, but he is fugly. 

Not liking the colour scheme on the BATS Jetpacks.  Love the Cobra LAW freebie.  The Sky Serpent is ok, but not a fan of the mold/vehicle.  I always thought it should have been a much bigger vehicle to hold multiple figures.  The Marauder Snowmobiles are fun and a good choice of colour scheme.  Finally the Conquest as the Vector Jet is an interesting choice.  I like it, but I don't know if it is because it is the Conquest mold, or because it uses the Vector Jet colour scheme so we'll.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 04:00:43 PM »

Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 07:48:02 AM »

Well for me it really was about the vehicles. How can you do a future force when the vehicles are standard molds we've seen?! they totally missed the whole point of it being a "future" force in my opinion. Now that being said they did a decent job with what was available, but to me they probably shouldn't have done it in the first place. If you only cared about the figures then I guess they did alright. Just my 2 cents

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 02:27:19 PM »

anyone got any links to pix? I've only seen the pre-release stuff on the Joecon site...
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Crimson Canuck

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2017, 11:04:44 PM »

I'm trying to collect modern versions of 82-89 so I had to get the BF2000 members, even Dee Jay. They look pretty good in hand and they save me some custom work. Also scored a carded backstop, so I'll keep my custom for loose display. Didn't really care for the cobra figures this year.