JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: CJC Snake Armor custom with official CJC stickers applied  (Read 6492 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
CJC Snake Armor custom with official CJC stickers applied
« on: December 09, 2011, 01:02:44 AM »

I recently took advantage of the Cyber Monday specials at BHT and got two extra CJC Snake Armour sticker sheets.

For fun, I decided to emulate a CJC Snake armor by painting a ROC Serpent armor to see what it would look like. And I applied the stickers. The result is not an award winning paintjob, but I think it's pretty close to my original Snake armour exclusive.

I used Humbrol flat enamel paint and it dried pretty fast. I don't know what there is is about the canadian cobra emblem but the red stickers pop really nicely on the blue. Don't want to sound like i'm trying to sell them, but I do recommend them to anyone who wants to make a Canjoecon snake armor, they're really beautiful IMO.

Oh, and the figure on that last pic is just there to pose in the armor.... ::)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 01:04:56 AM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: CJC Snake Armor custom with official CJC stickers applied
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:21:21 PM »

Nice Job!
Lurking

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 11:32:05 AM »

Thanks Bandy. I made this Snake custom to show others that with little experience, a simple paintbrush (2$) and flat enamel paint (3$), a thinner too to clean the brush (3$), a ROC Snake armor (10$-15$), CJC Snake stickers (20$)  they can make their own for a small fraction of what a CJC Snake can go for on the secondary market (250$+).

EDIT: Nothing would stop anyone from using another paint such as acrylics. I don't endorse enamel paints, they're just the ones I'm more confortable using  :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 11:52:11 AM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 08:28:13 PM »

Awesome job LJ!

Also, just an FYI, the sticker sheets are now $15.00, and there's free shipping with them.
Can't wait to see what you do with the 2nd sheet... another CJCCS? (Canadian Joe Con Custom Snake!)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 08:42:01 PM »

EDIT: Nothing would stop anyone from using another paint such as acrylics. I don't endorse enamel paints, they're just the ones I'm more confortable using  :)

That's funny. Charles (Raptor) and I use to go back and forth on enamel vs acrylics. I was a die hard enamel user for years but finally made the change to acrylics.

What's a name of the blue you used?

Do you plan on painting the inside at all?

Looks good.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 09:19:39 PM »

That's funny. Charles (Raptor) and I use to go back and forth on enamel vs acrylics. I was a die hard enamel user for years but finally made the change to acrylics.

What's a name of the blue you used?

Do you plan on painting the inside at all?

Looks good.

Thanks Morg!

Enamel has never failed me since I switched from Testors to Humbrol. I use Tamiya too from time to time but found out that enamel is by far very easy to apply provided that one is willing to wait a few hours for the paint to dry properly.

The name of the blue paint is: #109

Honestly I was not thinking of painting the inside, as the exercice was simply to show a fast result rather than a perfect result. I am now thinking of improving it down the road. I'm thinking that an all red interior would be nice.

2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 09:49:10 PM »

Awesome job LJ!

Also, just an FYI, the sticker sheets are now $15.00, and there's free shipping with them.
Can't wait to see what you do with the 2nd sheet... another CJCCS? (Canadian Joe Con Custom Snake!)

Merci Mike!

I never thought I would get a second sticker sheet, but since I did and thanks to you, the answer is YES! Though I do have a dilemma about whether it should be blue or white...to be continued  ;D!

2 + 2 = 22

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 10:05:07 PM »

Looks great!  Almost tempted to try it.  ALMOST.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 12:15:38 AM »

Awesome job LJ!

Merci Mike!

I never thought I would get a second sticker sheet, but since I did and thanks to you, the answer is YES! Though I do have a dilemma about whether it should be blue or white...to be continued  ;D!

Arctic Grey!
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 09:03:17 AM »

Awesome job LJ!

Merci Mike!

Arctic Grey!

Chrome.  ;)

Someone had to say it.  ;D
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 11:40:27 AM »

as the active BFTB member i have to say 'paint it red!'
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 11:46:55 AM »

as the active BFTB member i have to say 'paint it red!'

There's a reason why I'm hesitating with either red or white: the stickers will lose their punch.

White and red in the blender make pink. My Little Pony Snake anyone?
2 + 2 = 22