JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Hub City Toys Closing Early 2014  (Read 16987 times)

jss597

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hubcitytoys.ecrater.com/
Hub City Toys Closing Early 2014
« on: December 17, 2013, 12:16:22 AM »

Hi everyone, just writing to inform that as of early 2014 I will officially be closing down my web-store. With a full time job and another son born a month ago, I am finding it increasingly difficult to balance work and family. I just wanted to send out a huge thank you to all the customers that purchased from me over the years. I appreciate all the business and friendships that ensued!!!! I will still remain a collector of course, ;D  so I'll  be visiting the site frequently and making occasional purchases/trades.  Again, thanks for your business and the great times!!!!!
sincerely, Jody Scott

Hub City Toys

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Hub City Toys Closing Early 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 12:37:01 AM »

Jody, it was great doing business with you. I wish you and your family well, and hope you have a Merry Christmas and a stellar happy New Year!

silentdusty

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • Crusty Ol' Master Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
    • Diowarriors
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 12:20:30 PM »

Jody,

Best of luck with your family, and your job, it was a pleasure dealing with you the few times that I did.

Dustin
Silent Dusty

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:08:23 PM »

Jody,

Very glad to learn about your newborn son. Congratulations!

I want to wish you and your bigger family a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year (full of new toys of course)!

Take care,

LJ22

2 + 2 = 22

jss597

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hubcitytoys.ecrater.com/
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 04:04:28 PM »

Thanks  ;D
It has been great getting to know everyone!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 07:08:31 PM »

Those are great reasons for getting out of the market.

Good luck with the new son! Kids make it all worth while.  ;D
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 07:26:04 AM »

Yikes!!!

Best of luck.

Well this is a disturbing trend.  Hal is basically gone, SuperPower Collectibles, Legends, now Jody and if you look on Ebay it is definitely a buyer's market for Joes.  Mike seems to be one of the few guys left still selling, but nothing new to sell so......

Don't see this ending well for Joe fans in Canada

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 04:08:42 PM »

With the new year I have to say how sad it is to see my long ago prediction hold true a year later. 

Still sad to see so many online places gone.  Also a shame Mike has limited his online presence to the point of locals only almost.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 05:25:46 PM »

With the new year I have to say how sad it is to see my long ago prediction hold true a year later. 

Still sad to see so many online places gone.  Also a shame Mike has limited his online presence to the point of locals only almost.

What do you mean?
I've not been online much because I re-opened my store in Sept of 2012.
It's taking up a bunch of my time, and I don't have the time it takes anymore to do a complete inventory on the website.

If all goes well, 2015 is going to be huge for BHT, and online items should be back online by the summer.

But if you ever need anything, all you have to do is email me via the BHT site, or via the Facebook page (facebook.com/bhtoys). It's updated a couple of times a week.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 06:42:10 AM »

What do you mean?
I've not been online much because I re-opened my store in Sept of 2012.
It's taking up a bunch of my time, and I don't have the time it takes anymore to do a complete inventory on the website.

If all goes well, 2015 is going to be huge for BHT, and online items should be back online by the summer.

But if you ever need anything, all you have to do is email me via the BHT site, or via the Facebook page (facebook.com/bhtoys). It's updated a couple of times a week.

Like my first post said, it has not gone well for Joe fans in Canada.  Most online retailers have up and closed, and you yourself admit that your online presence is limited.  So I don't get what you are questioning? 

It is still a limited market, you say things are getting better in 2015, but even so that really only leaves you as an ongoing online source, limited as it is currently.