JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Want to work for Hasbro?  (Read 3063 times)

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Want to work for Hasbro?
« on: September 02, 2011, 08:46:06 AM »

Hasbro has a job opening for their GI Joe team see thier posting in the link below:

http://jobs.hasbro.com/job/Pawtucket-Global-Brand-Development-Manager-GI-JOE-Job-RI-02860/1393542/

here is the info if you do not want go to the site:

Global Brand Development Manager- GI JOE Job
 Date: Aug 30, 2011

Global Brand Development Manager- GI JOE
Employment Type: Regular
ID: 6739

Description

Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company’s world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Hub, Hasbro’s multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.

Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2010 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Function/Purpose:

We have an immediate need for a detail-oriented, brand developer to oversee the global product development process and line planning activities for our exciting GI Joe brand! In this critical role, you will partner with cross-functional teams (design & development, packaging, engineering, demand planning, costing) on all phases of product development. As such, the successful candidate will need to be a proactive, collaborative, and responsive team leader/member. With a mindset that combines strong creative acumen with analytic based judgment, you will build and leverage best practices to enable the business to meet and/or exceed brand goals.

Primary Duties and Responsibilities::

Under the general direction of the Global Brand Leader and senior team, you will:

1. Lead cross-functional teams to execute key brand initiatives, including finding innovative ways to grow higher margin businesses.
2. Drive product innovations through the system to better meet consumer demands.
3. Develop overall go-to-market product strategy.
4. Partner with global supply chain to identify programs to decrease development costs and gain efficiencies where applicable.
5. Maintain current knowledge of modern manufacturing trends, technologies and competitive practices.
6. Collaborate with global brand strategy and marketing team in the development of all special and exclusive products.
7. Become the global insights expert and leverage learning across product lines.

Education and Experience Requirements:

- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in consumer packaged goods marketing, preferably supporting a global brand.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field.
- MBA preferred.
- Functional experience and/or knowledge will include:
- Thorough understanding of the steps necessary to bring products to market.
- Expertise at implementation of a fully integrated marketing program.
- International experience and global perspective.

Critical Skills:

- Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly to keep performance on track.
- Strong project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Well developed, verbal, written and presentation skills.

J2W Posting Code: Total Brand Management

Business Unit: Global Marketing       

Nearest Major Market: Providence
Nearest Secondary Market: Rhode Island
Job Segments: Advertising, Brand Manager, Branding, Creative, Demand Planner, Engineer, Engineering, Management, Manager, Marketing, Marketing Manager, MBA, Operations, Product Development, Project Manager, Research, Supply, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Manager, Technology, TV

Lurking

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Want to work for Hasbro?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 09:54:37 AM »

I would love to, perhaps in WAREHOUSING......ooops - that fell off the truck.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 12:16:53 PM »

Sure,will they fly me down from Canada?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 12:51:51 PM »

Every day?
Updated!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 12:59:15 PM »

Every day?

I'm sure Hasbro has planes fast enough to pull Morg out of the shower and have him back in time for his supper with his family.

Flight fare possibly be salary deducted.
2 + 2 = 22

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 01:40:32 PM »

Every day?

Nah, just for the interview.

After that I'll sit at home and run it all via remote. Isn't that what all this wonderful technology is for?  ;)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 01:45:59 PM »

Every day?

I'm sure Hasbro has planes fast enough to pull Morg out of the shower and have him back in time for his supper with his family.

Flight fare possibly be salary deducted.

If they are sending planes to pick me up then I want them to have SDCC 2011 stamped on the tail wing and a decepticon logo painted on it somewhere.  That and I get a baby blue flight suit and shiny walther p38 with silencer and stock.

Then I'll think of giving up the day job.  ;D

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 01:49:02 PM »

i don't think they'd be willing to fly me in from the UK...

i got your global brand development right here....

"RELAUNCH ACTION FORCE!"
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.