JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 1982 weapons, black vs. dark grey  (Read 4587 times)

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
1982 weapons, black vs. dark grey
« on: April 06, 2014, 02:35:04 AM »

I've started assembling my collection of '82 straight-arm Joes and I need an opinion.

It seems to me that the vast majority of available weapons for the '82 Joes are dark grey. I suspect the black weapons were only available in '82 and changed in '83, mostly due to the scarcity of the black versions. I have seen a couple of impressive collections in person so I have seen at least a couple of people who obsess over variants and perfect specimens don't sweat the black weapons and simply use dark grey ones. Anyone on here think it's worth worrying about? Also, anyone want to sell me any black weapons they don't want?

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
Re: 1982 weapons, black vs. dark grey
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 09:44:52 AM »

If it was my collection, i would display them with the full set of dark/grey ones you already have, and not worrie too much about the black weapons. I would just keep the black weapons aside for now. Your going to eventually find your full set of black weapons in the bottom of boxes from lots of loose vintage you buy Eventually...Hopefully..Eventually... :-\
I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""

GI.Suicide

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 06:21:47 PM »

I think 82 colors are very inconsistent.

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 07:01:57 PM »

Yes they are, so much so that it gives me a headache to think of trying to collect them. That is why i stay away from vintage stuff altogether, and i urge all my friends on joecanuck to do the same. It is a known FACT that your life will be simplified by 68% if you only collect, Modern gi joe figures and vehicles from 2007 and newer.  ;D

Zenith27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 07:59:04 PM »

FLAME ON!

I once considered buying modern Joes. Then I did some math.

Between '82 and '84 Hasbro released 52 figures.

In 2007 alone they released nearly 60.

Between '82 & '00 there were 6 versions of Storm Shadow. There have been 39 since.

Between '83 and '00 there were 8 versions of Duke. There have been 42 since.

Between '82 & '00 there were 10 versions of Snake Eyes. There have been 56 since.

And counting....

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 09:14:56 PM »

I still revise my previous statment....! LOL  ;D

( I gotta stick to my guns cause know one else will do it for me )

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 09:51:02 PM »

FLAME ON!

I once considered buying modern Joes. Then I did some math.

Between '82 and '84 Hasbro released 52 figures.

In 2007 alone they released nearly 60.

Between '82 & '00 there were 6 versions of Storm Shadow. There have been 39 since.

Look guys, Don't get me wrong here.
I grew up with and loved the vintage gi joes to DEATH. They where a;ways my favorite figures growing up.
I was even fortunate enough to have a job @ 19-20 years old @ a second hand store, and they had TON"S and TON"S of vintage figures coming through the doors every other day. ( Nobody that worked there had ANY idea what these things where worth (half the time i could go home with a bag full ( 30 figures or so ) of vintage MOTU, STAR WARS, GI JOE, exctra, exctra + some mixed weapons from each) for 3$.

THE POINT OF THE STORY: I couldn't see myself investing that much time and money, into looking for and collecting small black hoses, grey ( not black ) guns, missles, and so on of all the parts and peaces and vehicles and figures !!!!! Man, that is a monumental task and i applaud you guys for taking it on.

I just said F-it. Im just gonna collect modern 25th. Not just because it was easier, but because i also wanted to collect MOSC. I could have gone the vintage rout but i like to be able to afford more then one figure every 3 months.

Anyway, to each his own. @ the end of the day there's not much of us left.

I hope each and everyone of you get your GI joe holly grails.

PEACE ;)

Between '83 and '00 there were 8 versions of Duke. There have been 42 since.

Between '82 & '00 there were 10 versions of Snake Eyes. There have been 56 since.

And counting....

Zenith27

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 10:11:29 PM »

I wanted to get one of each of the new versions of the classic Joes. The ones that most resemble the original figures. HOLY $$$ are some of those expensive! Most end up costing more than the originals. I wish they'd release sets of them from each era.

I just collect the Kre-o stuff now. They need to do more '82 Joes and vehicle drivers though.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 11:59:06 AM »

I wanted to get one of each of the new versions of the classic Joes. The ones that most resemble the original figures. HOLY $$$ are some of those expensive! Most end up costing more than the originals. I wish they'd release sets of them from each era.

Welcome to the new brave new world of supply and demand where G.I. Joe is a niche product for collectors and not a top-selling toyline!

Anyone want a Retaliation Night-Viper?

Prince de Lu

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 04:21:35 PM »

why you have one ?