JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Gi joe and MORE on Netflix  (Read 4611 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Gi joe and MORE on Netflix
« on: April 10, 2012, 12:35:23 PM »

Gijoe: A Real American Hero, Renegades, and wait, there's more! It's official: Hasbro has signed a deal for many of their shows to be streamed on Netflix.

Check it out here for a complete list of shows soon to be available:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/10/netflix-signs-multi-year-deal-with-hasbro-and-knowing-is-half/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook
2 + 2 = 22

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Gi joe and MORE on Netflix
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 02:00:42 PM »

I saw that this morning. I have Netflix and I love that service. $8 a month and you can't go wrong. My son and I are watching Avatar: The Last Air Bender cartoon for our 3rd time. Man I love that show.

If you don't have Netflix I strongly suggest you check it out. First month is free.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 12:26:32 AM »

I saw that this morning. I have Netflix and I love that service. $8 a month and you can't go wrong. My son and I are watching Avatar: The Last Air Bender cartoon for our 3rd time. Man I love that show.

If you don't have Netflix I strongly suggest you check it out. First month is free.
Last Airbender is one of the few shows where I own every season. The movie stabs me in the heart though.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 08:33:08 AM »

Last Airbender is one of the few shows where I own every season. The movie stabs me in the heart though.

See, I didn't hate the movie. I know it lacks the personality of the cartoon but trying to squeez an entire season into a 2 hour movie I can see why the movie came out the way it did. I didn't hate the movie. I didn't love it but I've seen far worse movies (The Hunger Games for example). I wish they would have made parts 2 and 3. I mean, G.I. Joe ROC was a turd but we've still got a sequel coming. I wish someone else picked up after The Last Air bender and made book 2. It wasn't that far of the original story so it could be salvaged. 

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 08:14:11 AM »

Has anyone seen G.I. Joe on Netflix yet? I've looked a few times and haven't seen it yet I know some other boards people are talking about having watched it already.

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 01:44:28 PM »

We can't get all the Joe stuff here in Canada for some reason, it's only in the US. I would love to stand to be corrected on this. I've been looking and there no Joe. :(
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 02:23:14 PM »

We can't get all the Joe stuff here in Canada for some reason, it's only in the US. I would love to stand to be corrected on this. I've been looking and there no Joe. :(

I've looked. So far, you're right. Lucky me for I settled on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes instead and am really enjoying it.
Updated!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 02:38:34 PM »

I've looked. So far, you're right. Lucky me for I settled on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes instead and am really enjoying it.
Ryan, you like good writing. If you haven't watched it, Avatar: The Last Air bender. Seriously good stuff.

crazylegs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 03:12:40 PM »

awesome guys thanks i'll be tuning into avatar and avengers...sweet...loving LOST and Breaking Bad...as well as RED DWARF!

Collection:

Want List:

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 05:30:31 PM »

I tried Breaking Bad. My brother went on and on about it. I gave it 2 full seasons but just couldn't feel any empathy for anyone so I stopped watching half way through season 3, eps 1.

What's Red Dwarf about?

crazylegs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 06:44:01 PM »

i can understand loosing some interest in breaking bad.

Red Dwarf is a British sci fi comedy and it is gut busting funny. there is a guy who was forced into statis sleep because of the ship RED DWARF was doing something wrong, he had  a cat, after a million years the computer (Who is just soo funny) woke him up, and his cat over millions of years, his descendants grew into a human, ( his like a cat and James brown mixed together) and there is an really strange guy that got turned into a hologram, and 3 of these guys are all alone on this massive ship and just going on and on and on in space...there is so much funny stuff that happens...I HIGHLY recommend it! I remember years ago seeing it on PBS...and now it's all access on netflix. Watch the first 2-3 eps and if your into it you'll just crack up and be hooked.

Collection:

Want List:

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 02:13:56 AM »

Red Dwarf is a BBC sitcom about the last man alive on a mining ship 3 million years into deep space. He was placed into stasis for smuggling a cat on board in violation of quarentine regs so he'd get released when the ship returned to Earth from its mining tour of Saturn's moons. Instead, the ship suffered a fatal malfunction which irradiated the crew, killing them all. The ship's AI computer speeds the ship out of the solar system to avoid contamination and doesn't stop for 3m years until the radiation's decayed to safe levels. It then releases Lister (the guy) from stasis. he discovers that his cat was safe in the cargo holds and was pregnant, giving rise to a cat evolution and civilisation that rose and fell in the cargo holds. the last surviving cat - called 'Cat' - becomes one of his companions as they turn the ship around and head back to Earth. His other companion in the first two seasons is a holographic recreation of Arnold Rimmer, his officious nitwit bunkmate and shift boss, a man so sad and anally retentive he hangs his underwear on coat hangers and sews name-tags in his ship-issue condoms. In the 3rd season, they're joined by Kryten a service android from another vessel they found in a wrecked ship.

Hilarity ensues.

it ran for 8 seasons, 6 of which were good, 2 of which were mediocre. it was then brought back by a cable station for a 3-part special which by most accounts was rather pony.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.