JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Music ,sweet , music  (Read 13193 times)

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Music ,sweet , music
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 05:05:48 PM »

Iron Maiden for sure till I die! ("with my boots on").  All metal is great....  Been getting into Pellek a Rocker from Norway recently.  Check him out on youtube!  this is a cover of Let It GO from Frozen for all the people who have to listen to kids tunes all day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeRlvHNu8hI   And anything indie like!

Queen will always be top 10

Strange thing is I like a lot of Country music too like George Strait and Paul Brandt. 
Don't laugh because I like music like Jimmy Buffet, 50cent and Lynkin Park too.  Also, stuff like Chicago, and Blood Sweat and Tears.

I know I'm all over the map.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:11:10 PM by Realboss »
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 08:52:06 PM »

I didn't know so many of us shared music tastes.

My background is first and foremost Punk.

When I was a little kid I listened to a lot of metal like Quite Riot and Twisted Sister.

70's Punk like the obvious bands like Sex Pistols, Class, Ramones and less popular band like Stiff Little Fingers (look up Suspect Device by Stiff Little fingers). I also spent a week digging through a bunch of hole in the wall records shops in the UK when I was 16 looking for rare Pistols albums.

80's was all about the band the Circle Jerks. Keith Morris was my idol. I'm also a fan of Dead Kennedys but I also like odd bands like sigue sigue sputnik.

From the 90's I like a mix of the industrial music like Ministry to most of the fat wreck chords and epitaph stuff plus GWAR. I'm a huge fan of GWAR. To date they still put on the best show I've seen, even with a new singer. I also enjoy New York hard Cord like Bio Hazzard.

Once we got into 2000 there wasn't a lot that grabbed my attention so I stared to get back into metal. My sons favorite song is "Holy Wars" by Megadeth, so it's safe to say I listen to a lot of that. You can never go wrong with Iron Maiden either.

Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 07:45:32 PM »

Wow Dave!  Most of the groups you mentioned I grew up listening to as well.  And in the 90's I attended a lot of concerts including Bio Hazzard, Megadeth, Ministry and GWAR!  I also saw the staples like Kiss, GNR, Motley Crue, Van Halen and Maiden every time they came around since 1990 even the Blaze Bailey era.

And to think we usually only talk Joe
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 08:17:37 AM »

its not that surprising to me that a lot of people have the same music tastes. 19660-early 2000's  was when music was about music and bands were less concerned about branding. I just prefer music where people play their own music vs the dude dancing on stage with a bunch of dancers with choreography.
I think we're due to get back to something worthwhile to listen too.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 02:10:46 PM »

I generally prefer music where one person can write the lyrics and it doesn't take six people to write 'i love my girl, ooh, I miss her. ooo bee dooby doo' or stupid stuff like that Bieber kid sings
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 02:22:57 PM by Jon S. »
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 02:30:52 PM »

In the 50's and 60's it was actually more often than not that artists didn't write their own music. A song would come out and there would be multiple cover versions of it floating around. The problem with pop stars today isn't that they don't write their own music, but rather that the songs are written by committee and sent through focus groups to have all of the rough edges scrubbed off.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2015, 02:13:27 PM »

I think it's both, people not writing their own material and committee written crud
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.