JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: From Hasbro - Zellers 50% Off Most of Rise of Cobra toys starts TODAY  (Read 23369 times)

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: From Hasbro - Zellers 50% Off Most of Rise of Cobra toys starts TODAY
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 03:33:50 PM »

Went to Zellers Pointe-Claire yesterday. 50% off sale was in effect, but supplies were limited. However, after coveting it since its release but never being sure about the price, I now own a Mole Pod. And I love it. So so much. I showed it off to friends.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Updated!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 04:00:49 PM »

Thanks for the offer Dodge822 but I did a service call this morning in Cambridge and found a Tiger Rat. Sitting in my car, next to my sons seat just waiting for him to find it.  ;D
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 07:49:13 PM »

no problem.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 11:01:08 PM »

Still several rats and conquests at Zellers stone rd in Guelph. At that price I had to pick up the tiger rat just to play with it.

I think it's coming to work with me.

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2010, 08:47:28 AM »

Update: I wish you all could have seen and heard my sons reaction to the Tiger Rat. We as adults might think "Meh, repainted Rattle jet, not as cool as the original" but to a 3 1/2 year old boy, an airplane with tiger stripes, teeth and eyes was the best thing in the world. He even gave that high pitched giggle of joy when he saw it. If your a parent then you know the one I'm talking about. We spent all night playing with it and he ran for it first thing this morning.

I've excepted that this Tiger Rat is not mine. It's his. I'll have to go back and get another for myself sometime.

Totally worth the $14.99.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2010, 10:07:55 AM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
Update: I wish you all could have seen and heard my sons reaction to the Tiger Rat. We as adults might think "Meh, repainted Rattle jet, not as cool as the original" but to a 3 1/2 year old boy, an airplane with tiger stripes, teeth and eyes was the best thing in the world. He even gave that high pitched giggle of joy when he saw it. If your a parent then you know the one I'm talking about. We spent all night playing with it and he ran for it first thing this morning.

I've excepted that this Tiger Rat is not mine. It's his. I'll have to go back and get another for myself sometime.

Awesome to hear Morg!
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2010, 04:26:58 PM »

that would be cool if i had sons, and who were older. I never cared for Tiger Force though I seem to have a bit of the stuff inherited from my brothers and cousin. Maybe I should get one and just re-paint my first vehicle custom. That is if they're on sale in my province.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2010, 07:56:32 PM »

Quote from: "morgardee"

Very nice story, Morg!  I'm happy for you and your son!
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2010, 09:01:33 PM »

Morg that was a great story - and it almost mirrors the fact that I have had to go back to zellers myself and pick up another set of jets for me - after I opened the first ones I bought my 5 year old asked if he could "test" them and make sure they would fly around the house OK, after 2 days of testing, I decided I better just go back and get another set to "test" for me!

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 10:56:26 AM »

I can only find a Python Conquest in London.  No sign of a Tiger Rat.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Inzane

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2010, 03:13:07 PM »

Quote from: "Stealth Viper"
I just received this email from Hasbro Canada, so I thought I should spread the word!

Thought I would let you know that starting today, Zellers will be doing a 50% off in store promo of most GI Joe The Rise Of Cobra toys.  I don’t have information on duration, but likely one week.

There you have it. 50% off most Rise Of Cobra toys at Zellers starting today! As they say, the duration is unknown, so get to your Zellers while the getting is good!

Thanks for the heads up!   I stopped by a local Zellers last night and snagged the following:
- a Night Raven for $20.  (can't believe I bought one)
- three alpha vehicles for $10 each (snake trax, rockslide and skysweeper)
- another green Nano-viper $5.

Not bad.  Not bad.  I had the mobile pit HQ in my hands ($70), but still couldn't do it.  Partly 'cause my wife would likely kill me, but also because part of me wants to hold out and see if they go into further clearance.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2010, 01:41:05 PM »

Quote from: "Inzane"
Quote from: "Stealth Viper"
I just received this email from Hasbro Canada, so I thought I should spread the word!

Thought I would let you know that starting today, Zellers will be doing a 50% off in store promo of most GI Joe The Rise Of Cobra toys.  I don’t have information on duration, but likely one week.

There you have it. 50% off most Rise Of Cobra toys at Zellers starting today! As they say, the duration is unknown, so get to your Zellers while the getting is good!

Thanks for the heads up!   I stopped by a local Zellers last night and snagged the following:
- a Night Raven for $20.  (can't believe I bought one)
- three alpha vehicles for $10 each (snake trax, rockslide and skysweeper)
- another green Nano-viper $5.

Not bad.  Not bad.  I had the mobile pit HQ in my hands ($70), but still couldn't do it.  Partly 'cause my wife would likely kill me, but also because part of me wants to hold out and see if they go into further clearance.

Do you have a winners nerby? $39!

Almost bought it, but dropped it on the way to the cash. Where do I put the damned thing?
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"