JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 2010 Convention Canadian Cobra Moray ?  (Read 2585 times)

Emags

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
2010 Convention Canadian Cobra Moray ?
« on: January 05, 2013, 10:14:24 PM »

Anyone ever hear about this one?  It was a custom Moray from the 2010 convention that was apparently a door prize?  First time I am hearing about this.....does anyone know anything?  It is on E-Bay now...link is below.

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360547121509?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Convention Canadian Cobra Moray ?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 10:45:07 PM »

Yeah, I remember this... But, I won't say it was part of the 2010 Convention set.  Only one was made and it was offered as a door prize (so "free"). The real 2010 CJC box set exclusive detail can be found here: http://www.canadianjoecon.com/2010.php

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 09:34:18 AM »

Custom made by Condor Knight, no official connection to the CJC as it wasn't done by the staff.

Awesome looking item, but the seller is misleading people in his description, and people should be made aware of that, or do some research themselves on it.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 06:59:06 PM »

I can help with the mystery on this boat. That boat it was made by me, when I was still part of the CJC staff back in 2010.

It was never an official part of the CJC event. It was requested work from Hal that I handed off at the 2010 CJC event as that was the easiest time to meet up with him. He displayed it for a while on this table and at the end of the day it became a raffle prize. I was unaware at the time it was going to be a door prize when I made it, but that's alright by me.

The seller is correct when he said it was a one of a kind. I never made a second.

Hal was looking for someone to make this for him and at first I think he went to Charles (Raptor) but he passed on the project and told Hal to ask me to make it.

Hal provided me with more then enough parts to complete a Moray. It took me a couple of years to get done. I remember being at the CJC 2009 event and feeling bad because I hadn't finished it for him yet. I made sure it was done for the next year.

I believe all the guns were included on the finished project. The one on Ebay is missing the side guns.

The first hull didn't come out very well on the first attempt but thankfully he provided me with a second one and it came out much better. the biggest problem was the landing gears. Thin plastic and very flexible, so paint would chip easily. See the pictures on the ebay auction for details on that.

The Canadian flags were rub on tattoos and stickers I think were leftover from one of my GIJCC Moray Tiger force sets.

It was a fun project. I get a kick out of the fact that my work has been called center piece to someone's collection. That was always the main reason I use to volunteer back in the day. It's a good feeling to feel appreciated. I hope the winning bid enjoys it. 

It was nice to see this one more time. Thanks for posting it.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.