JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: GI JOE...THE NEW MOVIE  (Read 7483 times)

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Wherever you go, there you are.

sniper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: GI JOE...THE NEW MOVIE
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 11:23:00 AM »

Could be a serious attempt to make a good movie.  My top picks for Snake Eyes would be Liev Schreiber, Christian Bale or Damian Lewis.  I could also see Ron Livingston do justice to a comic version of Clutch.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 02:19:14 PM »

My wish for a Joe movie would be that SE be played by a nameless stuntman who can perform the part without removing the mask which a big named actor would require.

Kane Kosugi would be a great Storm Shadow.
Say no to AFA.

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 09:41:42 PM »

my hope is that marky mark doesn't bring the joe franchise to a halt like the planet of the apes...although since tim burton isn't involved, we should be good....
Wherever you go, there you are.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 11:05:34 AM »

My pick for Storm Shadow - Tony Jaa aka "Ong- Bak". Since this is the rise of Cobra then we need a young actor who is skilled in martial arts.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 06:37:17 PM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
My pick for Storm Shadow - Tony Jaa aka "Ong- Bak". Since this is the rise of Cobra then we need a young actor who is skilled in martial arts.

Dude, Ong Bak was the name of the statue.

I'm just saying it because Jay will if I don't.

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 09:53:03 PM »

Quote from: "Redmao"
Kane Kosugi would be a great Storm Shadow.

I agree. He has some potential after seeing him in DOA...no, there wasn't a note of sarcasm.

The Shooter has a decent trailer, so I shouldn't be too concerned with their treatment with GIJoe.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 07:39:50 AM »

You should see his performance in Godzilla Final war. Great!
He's the son of Sho Kosugi who was the ninja of the 80's and a great martial artist.
He's been following the foosteps of his father.
Say no to AFA.

Vortex

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://battle-platform.yolasite.com/
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 01:45:17 AM »

Yes this will be good as long as someone doesn't suggest Gary Oldman (mistaken for Gary Coleman!!!) for Cobra Commander as in the YoJoe thread for the G.I.Joe movie.  I don't think I EVER laughed as hard as I did when I read that!

I wish I could find that thread to show you guys it was out of this world funny!
It was waaay back in 2002 I think so they don't have a link to it anymore.

Good times...

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 01:38:13 PM »

Bad news, gang.  REAL bad news: http://movies.ign.com/articles/771/771046p1.html
After all, what do you expect from one of the guys who's responsible for the new Transformers movie?  This guy won't be happy unti he's raped our entire childhood!
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 02:29:24 PM »

G.I. Joe Not Really G.I. Joe
A buddy movie with Action Man?!

March 7, 2007 - Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has revealed that Skip Woods (Hitman, Swordfish) is writing the screenplay for the live-action feature film version of G.I. Joe. Woods reportedly segued to the project after completing rewrite work on Live Free or Die Hard.

But fans should expect the G.I. Joe movie to be G.I. Joe in name only -- if the name is used at all. "Do you know Action Man? Action Man is the equivalent of G.I. Joe internationally pretty much. It's a different character, but pretty much the same idea and his name is Alex Mann. So we're creating a buddy movie between Duke and Alex. That's what we're doing," di Bonaventura told LatinoReview.com.

"All the characters will be there, and it'll be really fun but unfortunately our president has put us in a position internationally where it would be very difficult to release a movie called G.I. Joe internationally in a lot of places. I'm a big G.I. Joe fan and to add one character to the mix is sort of a fun thing to do."

The producer added that "Snake Eyes is a really difficult character" to translate to film and that the filmmakers will probably include Heavy Duty rather than Roadblock.

Di Bonaventura's biggest problem is with how to bring the Joes' adversaries, Cobra Command, to the screen. "If you saw Cobra executed the way that it's executed in the animation and in the comic book onscreen you would laugh, I believe."

He also reiterated that he wants Mark Wahlberg to play Duke.

Give me a fucking break. Another Hollywood asshole trying to re-create something so he can make a name for himself. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 02:37:36 PM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
G.I. Joe Not Really G.I. Joe
A buddy movie with Action Man?!

March 7, 2007 - Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has revealed that Skip Woods (Hitman, Swordfish) is writing the screenplay for the live-action feature film version of G.I. Joe. Woods reportedly segued to the project after completing rewrite work on Live Free or Die Hard.

But fans should expect the G.I. Joe movie to be G.I. Joe in name only -- if the name is used at all. "Do you know Action Man? Action Man is the equivalent of G.I. Joe internationally pretty much. It's a different character, but pretty much the same idea and his name is Alex Mann. So we're creating a buddy movie between Duke and Alex. That's what we're doing," di Bonaventura told LatinoReview.com.

"All the characters will be there, and it'll be really fun but unfortunately our president has put us in a position internationally where it would be very difficult to release a movie called G.I. Joe internationally in a lot of places. I'm a big G.I. Joe fan and to add one character to the mix is sort of a fun thing to do."

The producer added that "Snake Eyes is a really difficult character" to translate to film and that the filmmakers will probably include Heavy Duty rather than Roadblock.

Di Bonaventura's biggest problem is with how to bring the Joes' adversaries, Cobra Command, to the screen. "If you saw Cobra executed the way that it's executed in the animation and in the comic book onscreen you would laugh, I believe."

He also reiterated that he wants Mark Wahlberg to play Duke.

Give me a F@*&^ing break. Another Hollywood asshole trying to re-create something so he can make a name for himself. 
I hear ya, pal.  I'm a hardcore Transformers fan, and I feel bad enough having Michael Bay and his cronies mess that up.  Now, one of those same cronies wants to ruin GI Joe too?  What the hell, Hollywood?
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!