JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 25th ann figure varients  (Read 2365 times)

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
25th ann figure varients
« on: November 20, 2008, 08:26:58 PM »

i'm assuming that everyone has the 25th ann torpedo figure, and noticed the mask diffrence? one foggy one is'nt well if you look closely at the hand gun in the bottom right of the pack, the gun will have a number. I have the figure on the comic card, and the one i have with the clear mask has a 2 on the hand gun. The other one i have same card with the foggy mask doesnt have a number. I noticed it also with the IG destro. I have the american card with the 25th logo in the corner and on the sword has a 1 on it. I also have it on the canadian card with no logo in the corner, which has a 2 on it. Where is it that a collector drws the line, when it comes to varients i have been tring to get all varients, but i think their is just to meny of them out their.  like 3 shipwreck 3 stalker two snake eyes with timber ect. and depending one the varient changes the price so dramaticly. I paid 70 which i think was lucky for my yellow stalker figure moc. But looking at it beside the other 2 versions thin and wide crotch i think did i actually need to have it am i not happy with just one figure or maybe 2. One to keep on card and put away, and one to open and play with opps i mean display lol
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 12:55:27 AM by dodge822 »
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: 25th ann figure varients
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 09:07:48 PM »

I can't believe that you went that long without any punctuation.

I'm not sure what constitutes a production error, or a in production minor change vs a full on variant. Anyone know if there are any rules governing that sort of thing?

:chicken:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 09:21:10 PM »

Honestly, do yourself a favour and just stop.  Trying to get all the different variants will just make your head explode.

I was doing that a little while ago with some of the most ridiculous variants.  I have 3 Shipwrecks (anchor, shark, anchor w/o belt buckle) and both cards for Destro and the Air Trooper (regular and "super foil").

You'll just make yourself nuts trying to get every little difference, so stick with what you want and don't worry so much about variants.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 08:48:07 AM »

Hey, are you the guy I ran into at Walmart (Cambridge) last Sunday when I went to make my trade with FastFord?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 09:50:36 AM »

yes that would be me and this weekend as its a pay weekend im going to check out jjs as you sugested
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

FastFord58

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 10:16:13 PM »

I think the number variants are ridiculous. If these were truly variants, I have about 10 variations of Cobra Divers because the flippers are numbered 1-4 and come in any combination therein.

Here's another ridiculous one:  Snow Serpent backpacks are molded in either a grey or blue plastic. You can tell by looking at the unpainted peg.

I would stick to actual chase variants myself.