JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: News from the Convention; was there any?  (Read 3729 times)

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
News from the Convention; was there any?
« on: May 05, 2009, 03:03:21 PM »

Sounds like everyone had a great time at the con this past weekend. That's awsome. Too bad I couldn't make it.
I've been reading through the various posts about the con and I really haven't been able to pull out any news and noone's really posted a full recap. Given that Hasbro Canada had a presence and they had a Q&A, I was hoping there would be some news on upcoming product, particularly as pertaining to Canada. Last year they revealed a wave before anywhere else and we found out that the vehicles were indeed coming to Canada (and boy did they come! Wave 1 that is!).

Anyways, if anyone has any news on stuff or a summary from the Q&A for us non-attendees that would be awsome!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: News from the Convention; was there any?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 03:38:29 PM »

I had to leave it early, but hopefully someone can shed more info.

Unlike some other sites, when Hasbro asked us to turn off cameras, phones, etc - we did. No audio, video or still images were taken - which might be why no one has really posted much about it. Some new vehicles for the movie were shown - and one kinda looks like tan version of our very own Dead Eye. the Q &A questions I honestly don't remember, but I'll see if we can get a list of them and the answers back from Hasbro to post here.
Mike

spiderpumpkin

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 04:58:13 PM »

Sounded like everything is done shipping except for the movie toys.  Greg of Hasbro did say they were going to see if anything unreleased 25th toys are still available in US warehouse for distribution in Toys R Us Canada.  Otherwise only movie toys coming soon and they plan to carry everything in Canada.  Sounded like MARS 3-Pack was street dated for May 1st but some made it to shelves which he hoped wouldn't happen to other movie toys.  Would explain why I found MARS 3-Packs at the London, ON White Oaks Mall Wal-Mart and Brantford, ON Wal-Mart on April 30th. 

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 05:05:02 PM »

Thanks Mike. Yeah I totally respect the no pics and video thing. But any info gleaned from the Q&A would definately be of interest. That would be even cooler if there was an actual transcript or list of Qs and As from the con.

I know last year I actually found out tons of info just chatting with the hasbro rep, so maybe some folks picked up some info that way.

Thanks spiderpumpkin. Not the best news since the resolute stuff hasn't made it here. But I suppose there's hope if TRU can bring some in. Personally I have little to no interest in the movie stuff, so it will be easy for me to pass on it.

Storm.Shadow

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 05:20:45 PM »

Thanks for the summary guys.  Any mention of DVD packs 3,4 & 5 in Canada?

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 06:05:32 PM »

No new product is due in Canada until the Movie. That I DO remember them saying.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 11:30:39 PM »

I talked to him and we are out of luck with the rest of the MASS stuff as well as any Resolute stuff released as of yet.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 08:42:43 AM »

Glad I got my order into BBTS for the Best of 80s DVD pack for the short few they had a few weeks ago.  Sitting in my pile of loot, waiting for the next wave of vehicles and I can finally complete my MASS device ;D
Then its time to sink like 3 bills into the new 7 packs, I want my alley vipers.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"