JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Ebay problem  (Read 3847 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay problem
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 05:42:33 PM »

Quote from: "Realboss"
Thanks for your input guys.  The one seller cancelled my order at my request.  But the other seller is being a douche bag.  He posted the rate on the listing and never stipulated International shipping is more or to contact him for a quote.  He no says ebay was the misquote and I must have known that because I requested an invoice.  I only requested an invoice asking him to recheck his listing when the first invoice arrived and was more than the quoted shipping.  He sent a second invoice and the shipping was even more than the first.  "He stated it is only $5 more than domestic shipping and is a deal.  Clearly you knew the posted rate was wrong".  He called me a confused, unreasonable individual.

I will be opening a dispute even though I don't want his @#$% anymore.

If you open the dispute, and if the seller contacts you to cancel the dispute (although I don't know if this can still be done, Ebay has probably changed since...) I strongly advise not to close the dispute early if he asks you to under the promise that he will ship to you at the actual shipping price. I once did that, and the seller never shipped my item. Only then did I know he was beeing dishonest.... Let ebay decide of the outcome for you if you haven't paid anything yet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
2 + 2 = 22

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 07:51:06 PM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
Quote from: "Realboss"
Thanks for your input guys.  The one seller cancelled my order at my request.  But the other seller is being a douche bag.  He posted the rate on the listing and never stipulated International shipping is more or to contact him for a quote.  He no says ebay was the misquote and I must have known that because I requested an invoice.  I only requested an invoice asking him to recheck his listing when the first invoice arrived and was more than the quoted shipping.  He sent a second invoice and the shipping was even more than the first.  "He stated it is only $5 more than domestic shipping and is a deal.  Clearly you knew the posted rate was wrong".  He called me a confused, unreasonable individual.

I will be opening a dispute even though I don't want his @#$% anymore.

If you open the dispute, and if the seller contacts you to cancel the dispute (although I don't know if this can still be done, Ebay has probably changed since...) I strongly advise not to close the dispute early if he asks you to under the promise that he will ship to you at the actual shipping price. I once did that, and the seller never shipped my item. Only then did I know he was beeing dishonest.... Let ebay decide of the outcome for you if you haven't paid anything yet.

Also be ready for Ebay to side with him.  Unless he is overcharging for shipping, they aren't likely to step in and force the issue.  More than likely they will just say that US postal rates apply and if the rate is what he  is trying to get now, then you probably won't get any satisfaction.  Just speaking from experience.  The only downside is that he might be able to complain about you and leave negative feedback.  Depends on how much he wants to play this out.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 10:25:06 PM »

Quote from: "canprime"
Also be ready for Ebay to side with him.  Unless he is overcharging for shipping, they aren't likely to step in and force the issue.  More than likely they will just say that US postal rates apply and if the rate is what he  is trying to get now, then you probably won't get any satisfaction.  Just speaking from experience.  The only downside is that he might be able to complain about you and leave negative feedback.  Depends on how much he wants to play this out.

True, Ebay's rules are the rules of a game. In some games, luck is on your side, and in some no. One thing I know for sure is that the feedback rules have changed over time: the seller is no longer able to leave negative feedback. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember that this change dates from a about two years ago.
2 + 2 = 22