JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: IDW - Cobra Civil War - *BIG SPOILERS* For G.I. Joe: Cobra #12  (Read 6233 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Re: IDW - Cobra Civil War - *BIG SPOILERS* For G.I. Joe: Cobra #12
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 05:29:33 PM »

Yeah CC is a title, more than a person in the series. Which is both good and bad.  IDW has a bunch of issues coming out that will focus on different Cobras and whether or not they will be the next CC.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 05:41:44 PM »

It's funny, when I finished GI Joe: Cobra issue 11 because there was no logical way the story could have a satisfactory end without Chuckles killing Cobra Commander, I was disappointed because I never thought they would do it. I don't think it was the choice right for IDW's GI Joe as a whole, but it certainly was the right way to go with this story. 
Updated!

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 07:50:44 PM »

I was a little shocked when they killed Cobra Commander but I wasn't sad about it either, because they haven't developed who this Cobra Commander is.

There wasn't a connection between this Cobra Commander and the ARAH Cobra Commander who was the used car salesman, built Cobra from the ground up, and had Billy for a son.

This new Cobra Commander doesn't have a back story.  We don't know who he is.  Maybe he is just a normal guy who was running Cobra and the old CC that we know and love is waiting in the wings to take over. 

Maybe Chuckles shot Cobra Commander with a "temporal time transporter" and sent Cobra Commander into the past and he has to travel through time to get back to the present... or is Steve Rogers and Bruce Wayne doing that already enough.  ;D

Stratos

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.acidplanet.com/Stratos
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 08:03:15 AM »

Quote from: "SnowHawk"
This new Cobra Commander doesn't have a back story.  We don't know who he is.  Maybe he is just a normal guy who was running Cobra and the old CC that we know and love is waiting in the wings to take over. 

This is my hope. The more I mull it over, the less I like the idea of CC being killed off. However, I am interested in seeing where it goes from here.
Current Wants (01-14-10): RoC Kamukara, Wal*Mart Exclusive Ninja Battles, Desert Zartan from the RoC 5-pack.

Arashikage!