JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Manta Release ?  (Read 13803 times)

Emags

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Manta Release ?
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 11:52:16 AM »

I am a sucker for the animal companion. 

I'd like to get the Urzor bear, but I don't think I'll be able to find one.  I did some searching on-line, but no luck.  Granted there are better bears, but he is a small scale, so that sort of works.  Plus, I mean, it's a bear.

Out of curiosity, I went back and looked at the Estraela offering.  They really had some crazy animals....bear, lion, tiger, and kangaroo.  Talk about over the top. 

I found an article yesterday on google....it was GI Joe:  When animals attack and it was a good read.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 02:30:30 PM »

there's a comic all about the Joe animals battling the Cobra animals. Order, Junkyard, Timber, Freedom and Polly VS Raptor's falcon, Croc Master's crocs, Undertow's pike, Hydro-Viper's manta and Voltar's condor, IIRC.

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/specialmissions/specialmissionsmanhattan.shtml
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 04:05:18 PM »

Thanks....I actually picked that up last year, but have not read it yet.  It is actually a very cool issue for me b/c it combines (1) animal companions, and (2) NYC.  I live in Manhattan literally right next to the Chrysler building, so any GI Joe comic based in NYC is extra cool.  Any GI Joe comic showing the Chrysler is even better. 

I think there was a Special Mission in NYC and a more recent one, as well, which pictured the Chrysler building.  Though I'm not entirely sure.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 04:33:18 PM »

Chrysler building was the home of GI Joe and GI Jane in ARAH. it was where the SDI laser project was housed. appeared at least twice.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 09:50:51 PM »

Thanks, Sundance.  I actually had no idea.  It is funny b/c I literally live right next door to the Chrysler Building....you could toss a pebble and hit it.  I think it is a pretty cool building, but I did not know it was part of Joe lore.

I did some searching tonight and it was part of the ARAH series from the 80s and was picked up again recently in the reboot. 

Who knew I lived right next to a GI Joe base.

Growing up in the 1980s, I actually lived about 40 minutes away from Fort Wadsworth.  My father was in the Navy and we would occasionally go to the Navy Exchange in Fort Hamilton, which was basically just across the river.  I remember telling him the Joes were in the PIT across the water, but I don't think he believed me...little did he know :)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 10:48:07 AM »

Any update on the Manta project? Even though I've not be involved in the CJC staff since 2011 I'd still love to see this project finished if possible. It is a very cool idea and would probably generate some attention.

G.I. Joe in general has been pretty quite lately, even if the movie is only a few months away.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 12:51:22 PM »

Any update on the Manta project? Even though I've not be involved in the CJC staff since 2011 I'd still love to see this project finished if possible. It is a very cool idea and would probably generate some attention.

G.I. Joe in general has been pretty quite lately, even if the movie is only a few months away.
I too want to know if there is any movement on the MANTA?  Saving it in case of a CJ Meet?
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 06:22:00 AM »

More like it's been too brittle to use it.
The option is always there, I just don't want to release something that breaks when you snap it together.