Site Stuff > Message Board News

JoeCanuck Meet Planning Thread (Nov 16??)

(1/4) > >>

Jon S.:
Hey guys,

grunt 4 mvp brought it up and I think now is a good time to start talking about it. For months I've been waffling on what to do and I've realized it's best to just ask.

What are you guys looking for in a Joe meet? Here are some things we could do

1) Hang out at a restaurant and enjoy some drinks and eats
2) Rent out some party space and have a more mingly affair
3) Rent out a legion hall and set up tables for buy/sell
4) _________________ (write-in vote)

Any such event would be in Toronto. I'm inclined to start with #1 and based on attendance work our way up to #2. #3's not my bag, but if enough people are interested we could look into making it happen.

Anyhoo, post your comments and suggestions in this thread.

latinjoe22:
I think we should start small, so #1 if most of the people are local, but if you have a majority that is from out of town (and I do mean WAY out of town, then we should strongly consider #2.

I'm against #3, and I know, I've participated as a vendor in local shows. If it's a small meet we want to do, then the last thing that our mind should be entertained with is the money aspect of it. We should just have fun, relax and get to know each other.

This should be a brotherhood/community gathering foremost. So going to a restaurant, play bowling, go kart racing, mini-golf, would be simple ideas to suggest to help us mingle.

GI.Suicide:
Beer and gi joes count me in!

latinjoe22:

--- Quote from: GI.Suicide on October 16, 2014, 07:39:38 AM ---Beer and gi joes count me in!

--- End quote ---

Beer, yes!

NeoDragonKnight:
Id be down for #1 or 2, #3 can come later.  For a small group, just talking and trading amongst friends is a great way to start. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version