JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Ongoing Comic Series Question  (Read 1844 times)

Recon

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://authorianoneill.blogspot.com/
Ongoing Comic Series Question
« on: June 02, 2010, 12:35:49 PM »

Hey All,

I've read the first five issues of G.I. Joe, the ongoing series and love it so much I want to grab the next parts in print, preferably in TPB. Can someone please tell me how many books are covered in Vol. 1 and what issues are covered in Vol. 2?

IDW has an iPhone/iTouch app that allows you download the comics for less. In store they're $3.99 US (I found a great shop in Oakville that sells at US cover prices) but online directly from IDW you can get them $1.99. Also, if you download this free app, you can get a bunch of free comics, including the first classics issue - 29 pages. As I've said, I was so impressed with this and other G.I. series (Cobra, Origins) that I'm looking to grab the TPB now.

Cheers,
Ian
 :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Ongoing Comic Series Question
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 01:13:10 PM »

For sure, try GIJoe Cobra.  As for Origins, it's hit or miss.  I liked the Hama stuff early on.

Not sure how many issues are in the trade.  Industry standard is usually 6.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Recon

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://authorianoneill.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 04:25:41 PM »

Thanks, much appreciated. Yeah, I read the first four or five issues of Cobra and it was awesome, that's why I want pick up the TPB.  :cobra:

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 05:53:50 PM »

Quote from: "Recon"
IDW has an iPhone/iTouch app that allows you download the comics for less. In store they're $3.99 US (I found a great shop in Oakville that sells at US cover prices) but online directly from IDW you can get them $1.99. Also, if you download this free app, you can get a bunch of free comics, including the first classics issue - 29 pages. As I've said, I was so impressed with this and other G.I. series (Cobra, Origins) that I'm looking to grab the TPB now.

This app is also avaliable on the Blackberry too!
Lurking