JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: hello  (Read 2447 times)

TangledCable

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
hello
« on: February 14, 2007, 10:27:34 PM »

Hello-

How is it going everyone? I am a big Joe guy from a way back. I grew up on the 3-3/4 "guys . Now I have kids and --well -- you have to dig to find them now. I think that Canadian stores don't like toys that carry guns--lol. Is this forum the place to be or what???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 10:03:53 AM »

Welcome A-board.

We're the Canadian focused board, but there are lots on the internet with more traffic.  Check out the Canuck meet threads and maybe you can meet most of us in person. ;-)

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 02:48:11 PM »

Nice to have you here, TangledCable. Where are you from? And who are some of your favourites?
Updated!

TangledCable

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 10:56:11 PM »

Well --I am from Saskatoon area.  Great place to be. I live in a rural town so my kids get that small town friendly upbringing and I am only a 15 minute drive from work. Also I can actually afford the house I live in--lol.
If someone is looking for a place to move then check out Saskatoon. Saskatoon is one of the fastest growing cities in Canada behind Calgary. The market is hot here ! Enough bragging though.........

I  really loved the 3 3/4 GiJoes. Of course Snakeyes and StormShadow were some of the coolest ones ever. I have a 1984 Duke sealed that I want to get rid of however- it is in the "for sale" category here.

I guess the thing I remember most was opening a new Joe and taking in the cool gadgets that each of them had.  I always liked Christmas mornings-- opening up those  new vehicles, punching out the plastic pieces and  sticking on the decals.lol  Good times! I have to admit I am very excited about the new 25th Anniversary Gi Joes being realeased soon. I can guarantee that  I will be collecting those guys. Hope I didn't bore you guys to death with my rambling............Cheers!