JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Hello...My First Post! Woo Hoo!  (Read 2738 times)

Recon

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://authorianoneill.blogspot.com/
Hello...My First Post! Woo Hoo!
« on: June 01, 2007, 10:13:14 PM »

Hey All,

I'm Ian and I stumbled onto this great forum when doing a general search for G.I. Joe. I've rekindled my interest in action figures (43 with little cash to spend - go figure) and that includes Joe. He's definitely gone through quite a few changes since I beat the crap out of him right through the seventies. Hands down the best toy ever made! The sad part is that I outgrew Joe and poof - he disappeared. Given to friends with little ones no doubt. It's how I lost all of my toys. I didn't mind at all. Besides, now I get to looking for new ones  ;D

I checked out the store and there are a few low priced figures I'd like. I'm hoping to be at the Burlington Toy Show this Sunday (depends on family commitments of course). Hope to meet you Mike - loved the shots of your collection.

I'm a writer (freelance - mostly wildlife and nature but a bit of science and sports) and I try to shoot as many shots to accompany my work. I've recently started dabbling in stop motion animation with my digial camera. Those 3-3/4" Joes would look pretty good in a short film. I haven't written anything yet but I'd love to make a short film about them. Who knows, if I get good enough maybe a few of you major collectors might want to lend your Joes for a shoot?

Anyway...looks like a great place with a great bunch of people. I'm hoping I can keep up.

Cheers,
Ian 'Recon' O'Neill
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Hello...My First Post! Woo Hoo!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 01:59:07 PM »

Nice to have you in this neck of the woods, Recon. I'm a writer myself, screenplays and theatre mostly. Make yourself comfortable.
Updated!

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 03:18:28 PM »

Welcome a-board recon. You've got the perfect handle for a guy just coming over to take a look. ;-)

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Recon

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://authorianoneill.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 06:18:06 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Scramble and Raptor, much appreciated.

Quote from: "Scramble"
I'm a writer myself, screenplays and theatre mostly.

Cool. I've got a few novels under my belt, one that I indie published. You can check it out on my website if you like: www.ianoneill.ca.  My screenplay, Eden's Shame, won best screenplay at last year's Pocono Mountains Film Festival. Anytime anyone wants to talk movies or writing - I'm in!

I checked out amazon and a few other locations for G.I. Joe novels - not graphic novels, but fiction novels. I was surprised that I couldn't find any. Looks like Joe is in for the movie treatment: Paramount is producing the film. I got this off HSX:

The Real American Heroes G.I. Joe will be turned into a live-action feature film. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura secured the film rights from Hasbro. The toy soldiers debuted in 1964 and has since become a fixture in the American youth culture.

Just says it's in development. I'd love to know when it might hit theatres.

Thanks again for the welcome - I'll definitely be around.

Cheers,
Ian

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 11:01:20 PM »

I don't know the link, but the screenplay has been available on the net fo rthat for some time. With a bit of hunting I'm sure you can turn it up.

That said, I'm not reading it. Out of context I have heard negative things about it, and I'd rather be surprised at the theatre.

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"