JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Joe Con Night Force goodies  (Read 8081 times)

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Con Night Force goodies
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 05:43:38 PM »

One of the panel reports I read said they will be gearing things up again.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 08:01:12 PM »

Black Flack, Night Boomer... love them!!! But they will probably end too expensive for my budget :-(

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 10:03:25 PM »

It has been said by Hasbro that they have nothing new to show.

..you sure?

http://www.theterrordrome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=360&t=16314

more teasers..ugh.. think I'm gonna cry!

Those are all customs done by the designers and have no plans "currently" for any mold making.  Doesn't mean they can't do so in the future (ala Data Viper) but for now those are confirmed customs.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 10:21:24 PM »

One of the panel reports I read said they will be gearing things up again.

I've checked a couple of different sites for their reports and they all say basically the same that Hasbro doesn't have anything to show until probably next year's toyfair. 

The telling problem is that Retaliation was supposed to be released last summer (2012).  They had an extra 9 months of design time and with the movie coming out we have the following confirmed:

1) No new toys that were not already planned last year.  Yes the Eaglehawk was announced along with Kwinn and Data Viper, but they were already past the design stage by last year to be released for this year.

2) No new GI Joe media on The Hub this fall (2013/2014 season).  So with the same amount of lead time needed for a cartoon, as for a toyline, it is pretty clear the earliest we will see anything is 2014/2015 season.  (a year and a half)

3) No announcements, sketches, toys, media, or pretty much anything to show the fans for the rest of 2013 and into probably mid 2014 at best (at least anything that involves new molds/designs).  Yes Hasbro says they are not ready to show anything yet, but for a brand they have cultivated for decades, AND have now had 2 Hollywood movies made from, it is telling that they don't have ANYTHING ready for 2014. (That we know of currently)

and finally

4) Hasbro has said they are working on the numbers for a 3rd movie line based on what happened with the first 2 movies (overproduced for ROC and underproduced for Retaliation).  So what's the plan?  Wait for another movie before any sort of push for a toyline or media?  Have another version of GI Joe get started only to drop it as soon as the movie goes into production? 

Sorry but it seems to me like they are lost on what to do with the brand outside of a movie tie-in line and small collector forcused offerings.  Maybe they can strike a chord with some new version of GI Joe, or maybe it is time to give the brand a break for a year or two and get some fresh perspective.  Worse still, maybe it is just time passing the brand by and a military themed line isn't feasible anymore.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 10:45:03 PM »

..you sure?

Those are all customs done by the designers and have no plans "currently" for any mold making.  Doesn't mean they can't do so in the future (ala Data Viper) but for now those are confirmed customs.

I'm going to go out on a limbs and cast the suspicion that there's some "psychology" behind showing these concept pieces.
Psychology in the sense that they may say they have no current plans to put any of them into production, but that they ARE gauging interest in them for later consideration.

I mean, otherwise......why show them at all?
It makes no sense to tease with these, because there's TONS of never-seen material that is as attractive as these figures that is produced during concept development. I suspect they want to produce these, but do not have a slot for them, as yet.....and these are candidates for a line that is down the line.....another Pursuit of Cobra, if you will.  I think, once they get a premise they like, we'll see these "concepts" become reality.  Them's my two centeros.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »

..you sure?

I'm going to go out on a limbs and cast the suspicion that there's some "psychology" behind showing these concept pieces.
Psychology in the sense that they may say they have no current plans to put any of them into production, but that they ARE gauging interest in them for later consideration.

I mean, otherwise......why show them at all?
It makes no sense to tease with these, because there's TONS of never-seen material that is as attractive as these figures that is produced during concept development. I suspect they want to produce these, but do not have a slot for them, as yet.....and these are candidates for a line that is down the line.....another Pursuit of Cobra, if you will.  I think, once they get a premise they like, we'll see these "concepts" become reality.  Them's my two centeros.

Well from last year's concept display they have apparently given us Kwinn, Data Viper, Ultimate SS and CC.  So yeah these could be future releases. 

Someone asked a very good question, that I don't know the answer to, but hope someone here might.   What happened to the Spec Ops entries that were in the Target computers last year?  Was this a line that got cancelled, or was it some kind of tie in to Retaliation?