JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Kickstarter.com loves GI Joes...  (Read 12141 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarter.com loves GI Joes...
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 07:15:41 AM »

Overall, I like them. And, I'm really impressed by the result someone (alone) can achieve while Hasbro and the club are not making the o-ring figs anymore.

If you keep making these, I would suggest:
  • Not making weapon. Marauder is already making very nice weapon... for really cheap. The money you save there can be invest on plastic quality, design, new crotch, etc.
  • Making back hole (for backpack) and feet hole for compatibility purposes
Can't wait to get mine :-)

The holes in the feet aren't a big deal for me. One of the Joe Canuck figures had no holes in his feet as the legs were custom made cast jobs. I drilled them in no problem. As this is a 1 man show and he probably needs to watch his production costs.

The hole in the back would be nice if possible and I agree 100% about the weapons.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Falcone

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 08:17:23 AM »

The next figure will be 100% compatible with Joes, will have back and feet holes, and will have a proper waist piece.  These issues are all being rectified with the in progress prototype for figure 2.  For weapons, the weapon didn't add anything to cost.  It was just a throw in.  I have a line of weapons out right now just as Marauder does.  I'm planning on releasing Shooter's rifle in my next wave.  I have a 3D model for it so it will be much higher quality than the hand sculpted one with Shooter.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=502626456460728&set=a.502625319794175.1073741825.423504674372907&type=3&theater

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 11:33:58 AM »

i have two questions: 1. do they fit in ARAH era vehicles - specifically can they sit in the front seat of a Dragonfly? 2. is the rifle compatible with ARAH figures?

quoted for answers, please.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2013, 04:41:51 PM »

any news on release of these?

Falcone

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2013, 11:20:52 PM »

i have two questions: 1. do they fit in ARAH era vehicles - specifically can they sit in the front seat of a Dragonfly? 2. is the rifle compatible with ARAH figures?

quoted for answers, please.

I do not own the Dragonfly so cannot test it.  At some point during production the figures gained a few millimeters in height so she is pretty tall.  The rifle is just a throw away add on done at the factory.  It's under scaled and not very good.

Most of the Kickstarter figures have been shipped out to people.  Shipping has taken longer for me to do than I thought it would.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2013, 01:58:45 AM »

so, other people who want to buy them gotta wait?

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2013, 05:34:33 PM »