JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Poll

Who 'should' be the real owner of the MOC Joe Canuck Figure?

1st person that won it should STILL get it.
- 6 (50%)
2nd person that won it should have it.
- 1 (8.3%)
3rd person that owned it via a 'trade' should own it.
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closes: March 19, 2038, 09:14:42 AM

Author Topic: The MOC Version of the Figure.  (Read 24936 times)

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
The MOC Version of the Figure.
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2004, 10:51:07 PM »

Wow! I normally view the site as a guest, so I didn't know this thread still existed until I logged on. Anyways what Mike posted is what I remembered. I cut out things I don't remember and left what I did see and hear.

Quote from: ""BHT""
Quote from: ""USWC""
Had people not been saying "He's not here - do another draw", I wouldn't of felt pressured to HAVE the other draw. When I did, even while doing so it was bugging me. 2 people had even said to me that I shouldn't do that other draw anyway.

When I confronted you about the trade, and informed you that Deadshot wanted to trade back, you started saying stuff about 'In business you can't do those things - when a decision is done - it's done.'

So I explained to you how you lost the draw the same as EVERYONE else in the place.... should Deadshot want to trade back (which he told me he did), then you should be man enough to do so. You told me No.

You made it so difficult to make you understand that what you did was wrong (by not trading back), that yes - I threatened your BAG and the toy inside.

As I saw it, Colin's stubbornness to not trading back the figure resulted to Mike's loss of patience.  I wouldn't blame Mike for his behaviour; if I was in his position, I would have snapped or even breakdown twenty minutes in.
The reason I left is because the group photo was taken, I had the pizza, and I needed to stop by my relatives in Ancaster to pick-up a few things for my grandma. The con ran late than I expected, so I had slept-over at my relatives. Point is, the Colin/Mike argument happening or not, I would of left regardless due to family matter.
It's a total shame that another Joe Meet won't be organized by BHT, but at least I have met almost every Canadian JC member because of it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
The MOC Version of the Figure.
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2004, 09:18:59 AM »

Tying up a few things and then I'm closing this thread.

Colin ends up with three figures this way:

His, Blakes, and his mothers.

Now.... I'm sure his mother is a die hard collector.... (who just happens to sell rare stuff on ebay), but Blake handed his figure over to Colin the minute he got it - right in front of us.... Added to that, Blake said "Oh, it's got MY name on it".... Colin said that was Ok. and took it.

So he has 2 anyway.... his mother most likely has the third - I should of been more clear on it - sorry.

How did his mother get one.... well.... Pete The Greek and I discussed it and since her son and his friend were flying up from Texas we decided that if she 'really' wanted one then she could have one - ONLY based on the two guys flying up. Originally she was going to attend with a friend of hers... but she let her son and his friend fly up instead.... so it seemed fitting that she should be allowed to have one.

You didn't get one Spillspleen mainly due to the fact that I had 'verbally' been told that others were coming and that they wanted a figure - so obviously those who attended got one first. As it would be, they were sold out when Radio Guy registered.... so he never got one - or should I say Aire got his instead?....

Ken, as I said on this post and to your face, no one 'really' blames you man... we all would of done the same thing. Hell, I've closed up the store just because my nephew got hurt at school...... so yes, in any way, shape, or form, family should always come first. If it doesn't, then you need to give your head a shake.

Loop, I spoke out of anger due to what Colin said about me.... There WILL be another Joe Meet.... not sure when.... but there will.

Except this time we're going to have a freakin' HUGE list of 'rules' just in case of any circumstances that shoudl arise.... Hell, I plan for all types of problems in advance for my store and site - and I have set rules for what to do (in case I'm not here that is), I should of had the same rules for the meet.

The meet is done, I think it's safe to say that pretty much everyone had a good time at it, the good things of the night outweighted the one bad thing of the night. And it's done. I still haven't heard from Colin.... so I'm a tad confused on what's going on with the promise I made him to make one for him.....  I'm actually hoping I don't hear from him.... is that wrong?

Anyway, consider this thread locked.... I'll delete it in a few days when I see people have had a chance to 'finish up'. Colin, if you're reading this, feel free to email me or PM me about your MOC version that I agreed to.
Mike
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »