JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Friday night before the con  (Read 10811 times)

roshan

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
  • phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Friday night before the con
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 09:02:08 PM »

Hey All,

We seem to have ideas/plans ranging from Wendy's to pizza (lobby/Boston Pizza) to the hotel restaurant. Should I assume that everyone is doing their own thing on Friday night? Or are we going to get together on the fly? Just trying to figure out whether I need to make my own plans for Friday night.

Thanks,

Blitzkrieg

I think Jack Astor's went off really well last year.  There was maybe 8-10 of us there.  If we could double it this year that'd be sweet.  Unless someone has something official planned, I will officially drop the gauntlet down and lead a contingent across the street to Jack's after the show floor closes. 

But even after that, the hotel lobby and bar have plenty of space to chill if no one wants to go out to eat. 

cmderinchief

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joedeclassified.com
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 08:18:21 PM »

Im down for meeting some folks Friday night, even something as simple as pizza in the lobby or something.
And beer.

You're my man Paul, you're my man!

cmderinchief

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joedeclassified.com
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 08:19:21 PM »

Hey All,

We seem to have ideas/plans ranging from Wendy's to pizza (lobby/Boston Pizza) to the hotel restaurant. Should I assume that everyone is doing their own thing on Friday night? Or are we going to get together on the fly? Just trying to figure out whether I need to make my own plans for Friday night.

Thanks,

Blitzkrieg

I think Jack Astor's went off really well last year.  There was maybe 8-10 of us there.  If we could double it this year that'd be sweet.  Unless someone has something official planned, I will officially drop the gauntlet down and lead a contingent across the street to Jack's after the show floor closes. 

But even after that, the hotel lobby and bar have plenty of space to chill if no one wants to go out to eat.

Count me and the wifey in Josh!!

roger dodger

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 08:27:01 PM »

Sounds good.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 08:48:12 PM »

Since my set is not reserved, it looks like I will join the group in the lobby/line with pizza!

Blitzkrieg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 05:29:51 PM »

Hey All,

Thanks,

Blitzkrieg

I am good with that suggestion. Looking forward to hanging with you again (in just a few short hours).

Blitzkrieg

SID

• View Profile
    • http://neoengel.com
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 09:20:44 PM »

Just got home from Kingston a few hours ago, really wanted to stop by tonight but I'm utterly exhausted.  Playing catch up with some details and will aim to head up in the morning, maybe even throw together a costume or two :)
Sid, host of the Snake-Eyes Tribute site
www.neoengel.com/snakeeyes

Sid\'s Snake-Eyes Costumes

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 11:09:13 PM »

At the hotel now. I'm going to be looking around for my Joe Bros. I'll be the handsome guy in the Mega Man t-shirt.
Updated!