JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Saturday @ Bounty Hunter Toys  (Read 10238 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Saturday @ Bounty Hunter Toys
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 12:33:00 PM »

I still need a crapload of accessories, Raps..

Hmm... any chance I could com "visit" ?? :shifty:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 04:05:40 PM »

Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""
His stunned reaction was Mastercard moment.

I doubt he was stunned, he was deep in thought. "I'm getting the $2 bin for free? Think of all the money I could have saved! But if I didn't spend all that money, would I have got the $2 for free?"
Updated!

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 04:52:16 PM »

Destiny brought Rap and the $2 bin together in the end. He's going to be one busy busy man.
It was funny going through the bins with Pete and Charles on the final day. We were like a bunch of raccoons digging through Mike's trashcan. Good time, good time.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2006, 08:09:25 PM »

Yep, I'm pretty sure mike's wife got a pic with all our butts up in the air while we were leaning over the bin. I (like everyone else) am hoping that doesn't see the light of day..

Not to spoil anything for anyone, but the $2 bin had only about 15 actual 2 dollar joes in it, and the rest was junk non-joe figures, and joe parts and accessories. I'm working on changing that at least a little.

One thing that I do know is that the $2 bin has officially moved to non-profit status. I'm hoping to figure out a way to make it a renewable resource. I don't have Mikes resources, but I do think that there may be a way to keep it going.

But mike - you're welcome to anything you need. Now that I've organized it a little better, I might be able to find what you are looking for if you send me a parts list.

Ed, we may be able to work something out, say a little donation of unwanted figures for some accessories if you can find what you need. Not sure that you'll find it though, the majority of the stuff in the bins was accessory pack stuff and rocket launchers. Still, I've bagged the rocket launchers, guns, backpacks and helmets seperately to make it a little easier to go through.

On a personal victory note, From the bin, I did finally get the replacement arm for my 85 snake eyes that I've been searching for for more than a decade and a half. I can finally play with him again without worrying about the hairline crack in his thumb that kept him from holding a sword.

And I swiped the Red Star rocket launchers for a custom project, because they are just that damned cool.

I've been trying to write a comprehensive review of the day, but the words just aren't coming to me. From getting almost all of the original Night Force at a discount, to drawing Loop's blood over $2 figures (Sorry!) to trying to get Pete to buy a ninja cycle that I painted as a kid, to finally buying the '83 base I've been looking at for years,  to getting the $2 bin, the day is a blur, and I just can't do it justice.

I'd prefer that BHT still be open, but when it went out, no man who was there could say that it didn't go out with a bang.
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2006, 02:05:47 PM »

..... because I'm evil like this, here's those 'dreaded pics'.

Feel happy Charles...... I could of posted the 'couples pic' of you and Pete at dinner!

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2006, 03:56:06 PM »

ACK! :shock:

My pasty white legs have been outed on the internet. I knew I should have warn pants, no matter how hot it was.

- :chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Metro

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2006, 08:07:17 PM »

Couple pics you say? Hmmm.... lol

After having been absent for pretty much the whole year  I've missed out on quite a bit.  Between work being rediculously screwy and travelling between here and Maryland monthly (stories for another time ;) ) my joes and customs have sadly fallen by the wayside.

It was a sad day to visit BHT, but it was also excellent to somewhat catch up with folks, even tho I did miss out on quite a bit being at the end of the dinner table.  The store will certainly be missed, but the friendship that came out of it and the love of the hobby is still here.

I've always been a bit of a lurker, but I've got some catching up to do so I'll just have to make a point of posting more  :thumbsup: