JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Bon Cop, Bad Cop  (Read 1941 times)

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Bon Cop, Bad Cop
« on: August 10, 2006, 07:36:21 PM »

I caught Bon Cop, Bad Cop last night. I?ve been looking forward to this one as much as I have Snakes on a Plane. For those that don?t know, the concept is brilliant, bringing the Lethal Gun style can?t-get-along-cop actiomedy to Canada. A body is found straddling the Welcome to Ontario sign, so a French cop from Montreal has to team up with an English cop from Toronto to crack the case.

I?m not going to lie to you: This movie is 300% better if you speak French and it?s even better than that if you live in Montreal. It is subtitled but not perfectly. Maybe it?s for thematic language barrier reasons, maybe it?s because the French actors speak more quickly than subtitles can be read, maybe the jokes don?t all translate. Probably all of the above. But this is a great piece of Canadian film making. The dialogue in both languages is terrific, some of the sharpest I?ve heard in years. Both characters are likeable and fun to watch; I was afraid the English cop would end up being the straight man stooge to the cool and clever French guy, but they balance it very well. In the end, with all the Hockey and culture references, this film is must see for everyone. Except Americans.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Updated!

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
Bon Cop, Bad Cop
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 01:41:32 AM »

I've been wanting to see this movie...
But I'm not a fan of movie theatres.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Bon Cop, Bad Cop
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 09:44:14 AM »

Thanks for the comments Scramble. :thumbsup:
Say no to AFA.