JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: TRU flyer October 2 - 8  (Read 10644 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: TRU flyer October 2 - 8
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 10:30:33 AM »

I caved and bought the Night Raven

Was tempted to get the PIT, but my cheap dutchman sense told me it would be available cheaper later, so I passed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 05:38:32 PM »

I picked up both the Night Raven and the Attack on the Pit set. $35.00 is what these were worth to me, so I bought them.

It's funny but TRU has a 30% off sale and that puts all the Joe toys in what I think is the right price range. Figures are $6.97, Small vehicle are around $17 and larger ones are around $25.00 with bigger items like the Night Raven being $35.00. Those prices I can except. $10.00 for any action figure 3 3/4 inches tall is about $3.00 too much in my books.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 09:20:52 PM »

I picked up a few figs, PIT commandos and some vipers, too bad the new waves havent hit near me yet, feels like a waste of a sale since I bought most of the ones I wanted already.  Im tempted to get the PIT now for a present for my neice and nephew this x-mas, but the TRU near me is still marked $140 (without the sale price deducted).  I decided to not pick up any vehicles for myself, Im pretty much out of room for most vehicles now.  Anywho the TRUs I checked out where pretty much cherry picked of Helix's and Pit Commandos, still lots of Eels, Crimson vipers, and elite vipers though in terms of troop builders.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 11:50:12 AM »

I had just picked up pit comandos from a friend, and had pretty much every figure from the line that I wanted, so I passed the figures up even at 30% off.

I did pick up the attack on the pit set though. a $34 price tag was what i was willing to spend, what with the stupid drill thing having no value whatsoever to me.
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 01:09:41 PM »

Quote from: "Raptor"
I had just picked up pit comandos from a friend, and had pretty much every figure from the line that I wanted, so I passed the figures up even at 30% off.

I did pick up the attack on the pit set though. a $34 price tag was what i was willing to spend, what with the stupid drill thing having no value whatsoever to me.

My 3 year old son likes the stupid drill. He calls it a train and enjoys pushing it across the floor so I guess that's the target audience for the mole pod.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 04:09:03 PM »

My 2 year old is all about the SteelCrusher.

Mind you, I don't own the Mole Pod so I don't have that to compare.. but yeah.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 09:05:07 PM »

Quote from: "Stealth Viper"
My 2 year old is all about the SteelCrusher.

Mind you, I don't own the Mole Pod so I don't have that to compare.. but yeah.

As per my review buddy, be glad you don't have it.  Worst...vehicle...ever.  The Rat is better, trust me. 
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 09:17:55 PM »

ok, i gotta know, what is the rat? or is the rat olyeller talking about different from the one stealth calls a little piece of crap?
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 09:35:57 PM »

Quote from: "dodge822"
ok, i gotta know, what is the rat? or is the rat olyeller talking about different from the one stealth calls a little piece of crap?

Nope. Same thing. Like a little red shoe with jet engines on it that's supposed to be a hovercraft.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 09:44:06 PM »

does anyone have pictures? or a link to pictures? sounds kinda intresting thats raptor.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 10:55:10 PM »

does anyone have pictures? or a link to pictures? sounds kinda intresting thats raptor.

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/92/rat/

I personally think that it doesn't deserve the bad rap it always gets. Fort America and the Sonic Apache are worse, and it's got more play value than the road toad. 

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/92/fortamerica/

It was a hollow piece of plastic, and not really much to play with, but it at least could be played with.

Short of pretending that it's something else, you can't play with a "stupid drill" toy that functions only by making a hole in the ground. Trucks you can play with on the floor, planes in the air, boats in the bath tub - but that one only functions when it's buried. It is the cat turd of vehicles.

Maybe Ryan can defend it in a point/counterpoint next month.

- :chicken:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:28:54 PM by Raptor »

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 02:17:29 AM »

Quote from: "Raptor"

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/92/rat/

I personally think that it doesn't deserve the bad rap it always gets. Fort America and the Sonic Apache are worse, and it's got more play value than the road toad. 

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/92/fortamerica/

It was a hollow piece of plastic, and not really much to play with, but it at least could be played with.

Short of pretending that it's something else, you can't play with a "stupid drill" toy that functions only by making a hole in the ground. Trucks you can play with on the floor, planes in the air, boats in the bath tub - but that one only functions when it's buried. It is the cat turd of vehicles.

Maybe Ryan can defend it in a point/counterpoint next month.

- :chicken: :lol:  Not only is that hilarious it's also a pretty accurate description of the Turd Pod.  Imagine Cobra Commander: "HISS Tanks, take the left flank and fire cannons at will!  Imps and Adders, take the right flank and fire all missiles!  Asps, deploy and provide artillery support!  And Mole Pods!  Uh, bury yourselves in, uh, the ground, and uh, just kinda stay down there until I need some stuff drilled into.  Yeah."
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!