JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Transformers X GI JOE thread  (Read 130 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Transformers X GI JOE thread
« on: February 28, 2024, 12:59:07 PM »

I figured I would start this thread to discuss this line instead of just going on about it in the Classified thread.

Anyway, we have three releases so far with Kup/Triple-T coming next (not yet revealed, but all but confirmed).  Then the rumour is Prime/Mobat as the one after Kup.  So that is five releases and hopefully more to come.

Anyway what got me going on this thread is that I just opened up Soundwave/Thunder Machine.  MAN-O-MAN is he a thing of beauty.  I have a Thunder Machine so I was able to compare the two and they absolutely nailed the size/scale and dimensions in vehicle.  And the updated paint apps really improve the vehicle's look, and don't get me started on the new from grill.  What an improvement over the fragile original. And getting two figures now (Zarana and Zartan) along with a Ravage cassette bot (it is the Masterpiece version in blue) really added to the value.   Price is a bit steep, but I don't regret getting this set.

Overall this is the best release so far in the line, but I am hopeful they can do even better with future releases.

As for Megatron and Bumblebee.  Megatron looks good in vehicle mode, but there are some issues in robot mode.  Same with Bumblebee but to a lesser degree. 

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers X GI JOE thread
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 12:31:36 PM »

I like what I see but I don't collect transformers.
But tell me more about the thundermachine front grill...

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers X GI JOE thread
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 01:12:44 PM »

I grabbed Megatron and Bumblebee, and there are OK - love the retro figures on cards.  I held off on the Thundermachine as it did have a bigger price tag.  I am still not 100% sure if I will pick it up,  I think I am more inclined to direct my money to Masterpeice TF's as well as classified.