JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Retaliation wave 3.5 (aka Kwinn's wave) preorders  (Read 7799 times)

kurt_eh

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Retaliation wave 3.5 (aka Kwinn's wave) preorders
« on: May 31, 2013, 08:16:39 PM »

I was checking out General Joes today, and the wave with the long anticipated release of Jungle fatigues Kwinn is up for pre-order!

http://generalsjoes.com/2013/05/31/g-i-joe-retaliation-wave-3-5-super-wave-pre-order-round-up/

PS.
I was at Phoenix Comicon last weekend, saw a damaged comic-pack#2 for $12.  Kicking myself for not buying it as an opener pack (I've already got a sealed one in much better shape).

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Retaliation wave 3.5 (aka Kwinn's wave) preorders
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 09:41:35 AM »

Now that is a fantastic wave. I'm in for a case.

I compared them all and the best deal going with shipping is $137.48 (USD) to Canada from Big Bad Toy Store.

Hal, do you plan on carrying this wave?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 05:13:02 PM »

I ordered my wave. Soooo many good figures in there.

But what I really want is an Eaglehawk!

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 05:24:50 PM »

Errg. Duplicate post.

Sam

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 05:39:12 PM »

Now that is a fantastic wave. I'm in for a case.

I compared them all and the best deal going with shipping is $137.48 (USD) to Canada from Big Bad Toy Store.

Hal, do you plan on carrying this wave?

Read from somewhere that Canada custom usually tax everything from BBTS.  Is that true?

BludChylde

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 06:22:45 PM »

Never ordered from BBTS myself, but my experience from ordering from anywhere outside Canada, I would recommend on planning on getting hit with taxes.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 08:23:27 PM »

I think almost all my Joe Vs Cobra figures came from smalljoes.com. I don't recall getting hit with duty tax.

I don't have a lot of experience with BBTS except for maybe a very large order back in 2011. Can't remember for sure but I think there was duty tax on that.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 08:41:11 PM »

Order placed with smalljoes.

Way too good a wave to risk missing and Canada gets the shaft on a lot of Joe stuff.

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »

There was a stretch when I ordered a fair bit from BBTS and at first it was maybe 50/50 on whether it would get hit with customs. But at one point, it became every single order that got hit. Meanwhile other orders from the US that were roughly the same value (couple hundred $$ per order) were still maybe 50/50. Part of it must be value, with their "bag of loot" option I was generally waiting for items to accumulate before shipping. But yeah, in my experience, when ordering from BBTS, count on getting hit with customs. And with a case of figures valued at over $100 I would expect to get hit with customs no matter what store you order from in the US.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 09:40:19 AM »

90% of my stuff from BBTS gets hit by customs.  the 10% that doesnt are small shipments < $30
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Sam

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 12:35:17 PM »

There was a stretch when I ordered a fair bit from BBTS and at first it was maybe 50/50 on whether it would get hit with customs. But at one point, it became every single order that got hit. Meanwhile other orders from the US that were roughly the same value (couple hundred $$ per order) were still maybe 50/50. Part of it must be value, with their "bag of loot" option I was generally waiting for items to accumulate before shipping. But yeah, in my experience, when ordering from BBTS, count on getting hit with customs. And with a case of figures valued at over $100 I would expect to get hit with customs no matter what store you order from in the US.

Thanks for the info.   :(

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 02:47:49 PM »

It depends on the service too. USPS you won't get dinged if your order is less than $50. Between $50 and $100 you're taking your chances. > $100 definite duty.

If you're shipping via a courier like UPS, DHL, FedEx, Purolator... you'll get dinged every time. I ordered a pair of $30 sweatpants that were shipped through FedEx and ended up paying over $40 in shipping fees, service charges and $6 in duty.

I've heard of some shops (i.e. 80stees) that ship to themselves in their international branch in large bulk packages, then forward the package again to its final destination. I'm not sure how the accounting works out, but it probably combats the "death of a thousand pin-pricks" that plagues shipping.