JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: ML Giant Man Wave @ TRU  (Read 3393 times)

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
ML Giant Man Wave @ TRU
« on: August 19, 2006, 07:54:41 PM »

I'm probably too late with this, but thought I mention it anyway. A couple of days ago, at my TRU we got in a couple of cases of the ML Giant Man wave, however today I watched the last remaining figures walk out the door. They have probably hit most every TRU by now, but I bet most of them also have sold most of their stock. I haven't had a chance to check if or when more might be arriving.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
ML Giant Man Wave @ TRU
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 08:40:02 PM »

Wow... for a U.S. Walmart Exclusive, this is getting pretty easy to get up here in Canada... TRU, Small stores, Apparently WALMART will even get it.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
ML Giant Man Wave @ TRU
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 09:31:25 AM »

I sent Wal-Mart Canada an email months ago asking them if they would carry this product, and basically I got a polite form letter back stating that there is no current plan, but they always take into considerations requests from customers.  I ended up ordering a case from a shop in Brampton about 2 weeks ago, and I have to say for them most part the entire wave is great. There are onlly a couple of figures that are lame.
I also liked the idea that in 1 case there were all the figures needed to build GiantMan including the two varients. (only wolverine is needed).
The only thing I would look for at the TRU now, would be the darker coloured Sentry that is showing up in the US.

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
ML Giant Man Wave @ TRU
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 09:37:17 AM »

Both versions of Sentry are eye-melting bright yellow.
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
ML Giant Man Wave @ TRU
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 04:05:09 PM »

I have the two pee versions, but there was a production change or something and some of them are appearing in the US with a mustard yellow colour - very similar to the AOP Sabertooth.

You can see the different version here...
http://http://marvellegends.net/pages/Marvel_Legends_WM1.htm

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
ML Giant Man Wave @ TRU
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 12:47:32 PM »

Quote from: ""akpayne""
I have the two pee versions

on a side note, that I'm sure is welcome here, if your pee is yellow it means you're not drinking enough liquids. Drink eight cups of water a day and your pee will be a nice Iceman-esque clear.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
ML Giant Man Wave @ TRU
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 04:31:12 PM »

I saw this wave at TRU this weekend, however the only had Sabertooth.

On another note, I was purchasing a couple of other things for my kids and I picked up a Silver Surfer and Magneto/Colosus from the SuperHero Showdown line, and when I got home I noticed they had scanned them in wrong.

M/C set came up as 14.99 ( should have been 24)
and Silver Surfer came up as .01? - best price I have ever paid for a toy at retail!

These figures are miles above the first and second wave of figures that came out,  the first two waves were almost un-usable, these however are brilliant, and I know want to go out and get all of them,  I hate the fact they are $10 per figure and $25 for a two pack.  They had the rider sets but I can't pay $17 for a single figure with a small vehicle.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
ML Giant Man Wave @ TRU
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 05:54:45 PM »

The rider sets are already out?!

Its true this new wave is of better quality than the previous figures. I noticed that the bulkier figures gave the best results. Its too bad 'cause I really wanted a 4inch Spiderman, but the one we got ain't stable enough...
Say no to AFA.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
ML Giant Man Wave @ TRU
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 06:26:27 PM »

I found the best Spider-Man actually came with the subway train playset from the Spider-Man 2 movie.
It was like $20 but the spiderman is hands down better than the SHS stuff.  Plus he has magnets in his feet and hands - so he lives on the front of my fridge.