JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: I miss Bounty Hunter Toys :(  (Read 2591 times)

Redskull

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
I miss Bounty Hunter Toys :(
« on: October 03, 2006, 04:33:34 PM »

Don't know if someone already made a thread about this, but im really missing the store. Its not the same getting pieces off the internet and waiting to get them in the mail. There was nothing like driving to the store and finding pieces in the 2 dollar bin for customs.... :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If only you could see the world the way I see it, if only you could see the world through my eyes.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 08:23:17 PM »

I have to agree - I have been through Hamilton twice since the end of July - and both times would of made perfect BHT trips.
Saturday afternoon around 1, and I had no place to go and chat about Toys/TV/Movies, it really does suck!
And that doesn't even mention the fact that I haven't foudna place were I can look at classic Star Wars, Mego figs or huge vintage Joe Vehicle selection in person, and I doubt I will ever find another store with them on display.

And then there is the financial side of things, I am now paying more for my Marvel Legends (when I can get an entire wave saved for me), plus there is nobody I know now who will give us the scoop on the Canadian Toy Fare, or the inside scoop on what toys may or may not come to Canada.  I really miss Bounty Hunter the Store!

However on another note - I really am looking forward to the joe meet - to fill the voide that is all of the above and then there is the pepperettes and wrestling!

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 10:12:28 PM »

I hear ya...there'll be days where I have a day off from work, completed my projects, and find myself bored and ponderin what to do that day. Only solution was to drive down to BHT.

Now...I start fires.

Looking forward to the next meet!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 11:02:37 PM »

Just 3 of ya? ;-)

Honestly guys, I miss it as well.

Just last week I was thinking out this.... how I haven't heard of anyone 'missing' the place yet except me.

Seriously, it makes me feel good to know you guys miss the store.... how messed up does that sound? ;-)

I'm also sorry that you guys miss it..... Some people got some keepsakes from the place.... Heck, off the top of my head, I can think of 9.... and only two of them post here. :shifty:

Yeah.... I'm one of those 3 people that have some carpet... maybe I'll include it as a door prize at next years meet.
:-)

Again, sorry you guys miss it. But it was what I had to do - for me.

It may return one day.... so never say never.
- mike

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 09:11:15 AM »

Yeah, I have to make a trip to Hamilton, er, i should have hit the road 7 minutes ago. Anyhow, the best part about me doing a service call to Hamilton was popping in to BHT and talking to Mike for my whole lunch hour then racing back to Kitchener before anyone noticed I was coming in late.  :shifty:

Anyhow, I really should hit the road now.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 12:01:06 AM »

I'm still in denial.

Since I only make it down there a couple times a year, it still hasn't hit me that I *won't ever be there again ever*

What a rotten feeling. I prefer not thinking about it.