JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: The Meat  (Read 2795 times)

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
The Meat
« on: October 11, 2006, 12:01:14 PM »

TRU has just starting carrying a 6inch scale of figures based on the Rocky I movie. They are made by Jakks. As they were put on the shelf, I started looking at them, and each figure in the case was different, so I looked at the back to see which figures they had made. One picture in the lineup was definitely not a regular figure. It is The Meat. From when Rocky is training in the meat freezer against the frozen animal carcass, they decided to make The Meat. It is simply one of the strangest things I have ever seen from a toy line. So I bought it, I'm guessing they will be recalled since they are not appropriate for a kids toy. Its gross and funny all at the same time.

http://www.playfulplushtoys.com/plush-t ... SSORY.html

Not a picture of mine but that is what it looks like.

Has anyone seen this before? Is this new? Or is this old and I'm the last one to see it?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: The Meat
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 01:31:36 PM »

Quote from: ""AlleyViper""
Not a picture of mine but that is what it looks like.

Why won't you share pictures of your meat?

Have to agree, it's one of the wierdest toys I've ever heard of. And at $15 for a few ounces, it's the most expensive meat since the cow slaughter strikes of 2012.

How does it look surrounded by Dreadnoks?
Updated!

pluv

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • JoeCustoms.com
The Meat
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 04:30:42 PM »

As far as toy news goes, it is pretty old since these have been showcased at Toyfare NY, and the comic conventions, as well as a special Philly preview.

The story from Jakks was that they wanted to include this as an acessory but it wasn't possible because of cost issues so they made it a seperate figure altogether to get it in the hands of fans they knew would like it.  Weird? Yes, but I got to tip my hat to Jakks for thinking outside the box and being loyal to the fans.  Any other toy company and The Meat would have been dropped from the assortment very quickly.

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
The Meat
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 11:30:07 AM »

Quote from: ""pluv""
As far as toy news goes, it is pretty old since these have been showcased at Toyfare NY, and the comic conventions, as well as a special Philly preview.

The story from Jakks was that they wanted to include this as an acessory but it wasn't possible because of cost issues so they made it a seperate figure altogether to get it in the hands of fans they knew would like it.  Weird? Yes, but I got to tip my hat to Jakks for thinking outside the box and being loyal to the fans.  Any other toy company and The Meat would have been dropped from the assortment very quickly.

I was asking more along the lines if they were new as in on the retail shelves. I'm sure the figures were shown at Toyfair and stuff, but I'm waiting for some over-protective mom to see this and make a big deal about it. Like the Austin Powers Fat Bastard figure and the Al Snow figure that came with the manaquin (sp?) head that some parent thought was a real severed head.
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
The Meat
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 12:35:47 PM »

Yep. They're new.

And my local TRU doesn't have them....  :roll:

Big shock.

BludChylde

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
The Meat
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 02:51:15 PM »

Quote from: ""pluv""

From pictures I have seen, I do wonder if jakks could have at least afforded to create a stand for the meat since it appears to have a hook.