JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Giant Tiger?  (Read 2325 times)

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Giant Tiger?
« on: May 04, 2007, 09:36:12 AM »

How do you guys feel about the Giant Tiger stores? Do they have a good selection of toys? What else do they carry? Have you worked for them or know someone that has?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
Re: Giant Tiger?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 12:53:17 PM »

They were cool when they carried the PTE line. The one by my place has been carrying the New Corps single packs. Meh.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 01:39:58 PM »

Totally hit and miss. They have stuff then don't. The prices are great or they arent. It reminds me of Byway when I was a kid.

I got a lot of PTE 3 packs from them at 3.50 each, and a lot of Swat Humvees from them at $10 and a whole lot of 4 wheelers for $2. For that I will be eternally grateful, though I won't go in unless I see something I want in the flier.

As for the "customer experience" - my experience has been the the employees were certainly not required to take an IQ test to get the job. I am sure that there are smart people working there, I just haven't encountered them.

- R 
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 04:59:11 PM »

Quote from: "Raptor"
As for the "customer experience" - my experience has been the the employees were certainly not required to take an IQ test to get the job. I am sure that there are smart people working there, I just haven't encountered them.

Non-bright people need to work, too. I've noticed that with the couple of the Bargain! Bargain! Bargain! / Giant Tiger stores I've been into. When I exit the store empty-handed, I can see the cashier with hollow souls on my way out.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 11:28:07 PM »

I'm a big fan myself. I do well shopping there. Right now they have Marvel Legends (Pyro wave) from $7.00 and some Fantastic 4 movie figures for $4.99. Lots of McFarlen figures as well. Also ggod for gifts for kiddies. That and milk is cheap.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.