JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Thomas Trains Recall - Lead paint.  (Read 1815 times)

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Thomas Trains Recall - Lead paint.
« on: July 15, 2007, 03:44:49 PM »

Lead paint.

Read about it here.

http://recalls.rc2.com/recalls_Wood_0607.html

I am pissed. My daughter has been playing with lead paint covered toys for going on 6 months. I have no idea what the effect of that might be, but I'm upset and am kind of afraid of the concequences. I'm off to the Doctor for her this week.

So check it out, and I hope that your kid hasn't been playing with lead paint toys like mine has. :-(

Thomas is officially off the buying list from now on. How can a brand like that - created by a minister for flips sakes, let this kind of thing happen?

In further research, I find out that they are produced for .17 cents per unit. Which means they're hitting TRU at a 1000% markup.

- R
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Trains Recall - Lead paint.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 09:35:05 PM »

How stupid can a company be to allow these on the market.  Lead paint in this day in age for toys is unacceptable. 

And I did some research.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3275264

These toys were made...guess where...China.  I wonder if any of the Joe figures made in China are coated with lead.  I wouldn't be shocked if they were.  The lack of environmental and health and safety controls in China is a F@*&^ing joke.  In the end, it's the US based companies that have to take the heat for this. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Trains Recall - Lead paint.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 12:24:10 PM »

I put the blame squarely on the company, having it made in china. It's up to the company outsourcing the work to continually test the products, as the chinese will change paints/materials/whatever at the drop of a pin if they can save a cent in production, and given the lack of environmental/health controls there, that's a concern. Anyone who has any kind of working relationship with the chinese should know this, and test their products regularly as a result.

I would certainly hope a corporation as large as Hasbro does this on a regular basis.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.