JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: GI Joe Rise of Cobra Preview Figures (Mars Troopers) @ Wal~Mart  (Read 10022 times)

Lt Storm

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
Re: GI Joe Rise of Cobra Preview Figures (Mars Troopers) @ Wal~Mart
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009, 02:02:29 PM »

I know I said I was going to pass on these, but when I was in my hometown Walmart in Chatham on the weekend and saw them...I picked one up.   :(

They had a TON of them sitting on the shelf.   :shifty:  With the HISS, Armadillo/Airchariot and singles packed in and warming the pegs.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

thatcarlguy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 11:32:41 PM »

These finally showed up in Brantford. I ended up passing on them. There was a sale on Transformers. The deluxe ones(?) that usually cost about $15 were on sale for $8! I got Hound with Ravage (yay!) and Cyclonus and I can call it a day on TF's till after the movie or until I see Animated Arcee.

Lt Storm

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 08:59:39 AM »

I saw the TF's on sale, my Walmart (chatham) had only Cheator and Sideswipe.
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

Storm.Shadow

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 01:19:51 PM »

Fairview Wal~Mart still has a decent quantity of these as of about an hour ago.
Toys'R'Us Kitchener also has a shelf full of them.  They're $29.99 though.

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2009, 11:10:58 PM »

Saw them at walmart in vaughan today. Talk about excess packaging. Deep box for 3 little figures.

Big pass for me as I'm skipping the movie merch entirely. Anyways, they had a good 1/2 dozen or so on the shelf there.

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2009, 08:31:21 PM »

More of these on the floor at Argyle W-M in London.

GOLD5

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2009, 04:01:02 AM »

These were at London Walmart White Oaks mall and they still had some the other day at the 24-hour super Walmart. They never had them at Oakridge as far as I know. A funny story, I went to the Toys R Us here in London, and they had these figs. They were $30. I tried to buy one but when I got to the register the machine beeped and wouldn't let her scan it. The tape said that it couldn't go on sale until May 1st. She said they would save it for me and when I went back they were off the shelves. Anyways later that day I went to Walmart where they had tons of these for $25. So I got that one for $5 less. I guess Walmart has them here because they are too ignorant/jerkish to regard giant stickers on boxes that say *Do Not Sell Until* with dates on them. At least they don't leak games and movies. The upshot to me of the entire ordeal is that on May 1st, there will probably be a lot of Joe movie stuff on sale and I would start checking that day if anybody was planning on getting them.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2009, 05:44:01 AM »

They did have some at Oakridge at some point.

The fact that it seems all Canadian Wal-marts seem to be ignoring the street date indicates to me that they are intentionally putting them out early.

Paul
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2009, 10:33:39 AM »

Quote from: "GOLD5"
These were at London Walmart White Oaks mall and they still had some the other day at the 24-hour super Walmart. They never had them at Oakridge as far as I know. A funny story, I went to the Toys R Us here in London, and they had these figs. They were $30. I tried to buy one but when I got to the register the machine beeped and wouldn't let her scan it. The tape said that it couldn't go on sale until May 1st. She said they would save it for me and when I went back they were off the shelves. Anyways later that day I went to Walmart where they had tons of these for $25. So I got that one for $5 less. I guess Walmart has them here because they are too ignorant/jerkish to regard giant stickers on boxes that say *Do Not Sell Until* with dates on them. At least they don't leak games and movies. The upshot to me of the entire ordeal is that on May 1st, there will probably be a lot of Joe movie stuff on sale and I would start checking that day if anybody was planning on getting them.

I have seen W-M put out DVDs that are for Tuesday as early as the previous Friday (got a season of Simpsons that way last year). That's not common, but they do seem to have a devil-may-care approach to the concept of flooring product when it's supposed to be.

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 01:33:08 AM »

All the Wal-marts in London now seem to have an endless supply of these sets. Now I just have to wait till they lower the price before I'd consider buying more.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 06:18:49 PM »

The mars trooper pack is back at fairview walmart. I got mine for 19.95. As they were right above a label that said 19.95, the proper label was at the other end of the shelf. Its their policy to give it at the stated label price. They had 6 left when i left 10 minutes ago.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Lt Storm

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2009, 11:27:50 PM »

Saw them at the Chatham Zellers, a few months behind WalMart  :lol: 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 11:31:53 PM by Lt Storm »