JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: My GI Joe Day  (Read 1681 times)

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
My GI Joe Day
« on: August 07, 2009, 09:19:39 PM »

I started my GI Joe day with a trip to TRU on my lunch hour. I figured that 5$ was a great price for some fodder. To my surprise, they had the Paris Pursuit wave. Picked up RA Scarlett, RA Duke x2, PP SE x3 and a Steel Crusher.

I finished work a few minutes before 3pm and caught the 3:10 showing of ROC. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It really is the cartoon come to life. It reminded me of how I used to play with my Joes when I was a kid. The opening scene with Snake Eyes (and the other Joes) taking down those Vipers in the forrest gave me chills. I was a bit disappointed with the ending, but overall, it was a fun movie.

After the movie, I crossed the street to the mall. Winners had some leftover 25th figs. I picked up a BAT and Wraith. After that I checked a small hobby store and they also had some 25th figs. Found an Airborne and 2 EELS!

To top it all off, I got home and a small package was waiting for me in my mailbox. It contained 3 25th Vipers and a couple of black Resolute CCs I got cheap on Ebay.

Today was a great GI Joe day!

OB
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

viper2008

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: My GI Joe Day
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 09:33:11 PM »

Awesome, I picked up some a SGT. Stone and Duke for $5.00 each at Walmart and then my Cobra Island 7 packs were dropped off to me today.  I have not had time to open them yet but they look pretty cool in the package.  I may have to go to Toys R Us tomorrow too. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »